Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Forms - Could not start Layout Designer

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am developing PDF Forms, Sucessfully I have developed the INTERFACE and Context in the FORM.

My Problem is

I am getting the Error message 'Could not start Layout Designer(See Long Text), When I try to Go the Layout Tab.

Please give me a solution to solve the Issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Kanagaraja Lokanathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kanagaraja,

You need to have Adobe LiveCycle Designer on your machine before you can start designing Interactive forms.

You can install the same. For this download the Adobe LiveCycle Designer installer from SAP Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/installations

Entry by Application Group

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NETWEAVER

-> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S)

-> installation and Upgrade

-> <Choose any OS and DB combination.>

Additonally please refer notes 962673 and 965548 for information regarding installation.

Chintan

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya and Chintan,

I have Installed Adobe Life Cycle designer ES 8.1 in my system.

Now also I am getting the Same Problem.

When I check for Syntax in the Context , I am getting the error 'No layout exists in original language EN'.

If I double click the Error it will populate the error message 'Could not start Layout Designer (see long text)'.

FYI

Could not start Layout Designer (see long text)

Message no. FPUIFB086

Diagnosis

The forms design tool for developing the form layout could not be started; either it is not installed or there are errors in the installation.

Procedure

Make sure that you have the forms design tool installed on your desktop (the tool is part of the SAPGUI installation).

Also read SAP Note 801524.

I have Installed GUI with Select All option.

What is the Problem ?. Can you give a solution ASAP.

Thanks in Advance,

Kanagarja Lokanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First open a adobe redaer. Then goto the adobe folder in programfiles ( genrally in C drive). in that open designer 8.1 folder.Double click FormDesigner.exe .Now open the SFP transaction and then click the layout tab.

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I tried but it is not working. Getting the same problem.

Thanks,

Kanagaraja Lokanathan

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SAP GUI supports only upto Adobe Live cycle designer 8.0. You are using higher version than this (8.1), this might be the problem.

Adobe live cycle designer 8.0 works with SAP GUI 710.

Refer to this note - 864634

Regards

Srikanth

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan/Srikanth,

Your answer is very useful.

I have Downloaded from the Market place and Installed Adobe Life Cycle designer 8.0 in my PC.

Now Working fine.Problem is solved.

Thanks & Regards,

Kanagaraja Lokanathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanagaraja Lokanathan

Which web site did you downlad the adobe lifecycle v8.0 ? I have to install this program to make a adobe forms.

Regards

recoba561161

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recoba,

You can the ADLC installation downloaded from service market place: service.sap.com

check with your basis people for this.

You can also get a independent 3 months trail version from Adobe site adobe.com but i belive this doesn't have web dynpro native controls which are available from the one provided by SAP one's.

Hope this helps you

Cheers,

Sai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

leon_chen_sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

is it possible to use Adobe Life Cycle Designer with WebGUI to create adobe form? It always gave me a runtime error when I clicked the "Layout" button in the adobe form designer. Thanks.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello guys,

you can also download and install the newest SAP GUI (what is 7.2 i believe) which has LCD as a part of installation.

Otto

Former Member

Hi all,

can anybody tell me, if is possible to use ALCD with WebGUI (IE, Mozilla, etc) to edit HR FORMS or does it work only by SAP Logon GUI?

Thanks for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your BASIS guy whether ADOBE LIFE CYCLE DESIGNER is installed in your system. After installing it will work fine.