Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing File to JDBC sncario.

In Sender communication channel, For configuration ,there is no option (below)

"FTP CONNECTION PARAMETER" .

And in Receiver Communication Channel:-

how to check in my working enviorment:- JDBC driver, connection

Plz help in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

For Receiver JDBC u need to give

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection : jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP>:1521:<database name>

User Name :

Password : Password of my oracle database

For Sender File adapter u need to give :

Server : <IP> where FTP server is installed

Port : 21

Uncheck the Anonymous Login.

Give the username & passowrd of User created in FTP.

Go through this weblog for FTP configurations:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have selected the Transport Protocol in Communication channel as File System (NFS)

Instead of this select the FTP , you will get FTP CONNECTION PARAMETERs.

The testing will be possible with adding some test entries in table via JDBC adapter. Process the whole interface with some test data

Refer

File to JDBC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04cd6f9-9eb0-2a10-07b8-a0fc6e88...

Troubleshooting file adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/troubleshooting%2bthe%2bfile%2badapter

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you select the FTP transport protocol,

you should be able to see the details where you are required to provide FTP connection parameters.

in the FTP connection parameters you need to provide the details of the server, port, user credentials etc.

Also let me know what type of database you are using based upon the database you need to deploy the driver in XI server and also provide those connection parameters and the driver details in the communication channel for JDBC.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select the transport protocol for se dner file adapter as FTP then you will get the below FTp server details option..

to cehck the JDBC connection string working fine or not, afte creating the adapter activate it and check in the RWB the channel monitoing for that there should not be any errors...connection can be stablished if no errors provided you maintain the proepr canonoical strucutre at the rceiver.