cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role in a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Netweaver Portal and I have a question to the roles. I have the following structure:

* Role1
* * Workset 1
* * * Page 1

and

* Role 2
* * Workset 2
* * * Page 2

But I would like to make role1 as an entry point and include role2 in role1. I do this by "Add Role to Role" with delta link, so that I get the following structure:

* Role1
* * Workset 1
* * * Page 1
* * Role 2
* * * Workset 2
* * * * Page 2

But when I do this, then everybody who is assigned to role1 can see the content from role2. There must be an inheritance somewhere, which I would like to eliminate. Can anyone help me, how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure, if my solution is nearly what you mentioned to me. But I found out how to solve this issue for me. I write it here, may be someone else will run in the same situation.

My intention was to create the following structure:

• Role 1

• Workset 1

• Role 2

• Workset 2

Role 2 should only be visible when the user is assigned to Role 2. But when I add the Role 2 to Role 1, then the permission of Role 1 overwrites the persmission of Role 2, so that everybody assigned to Role 1 can also see Role2. This was not, what i was looking for.

So to solve the problem, it is not required to add Role 2 to Role 1. Simply define the Roles as they are and merge them at the end. So in my case I defined every Role with the property "Can be merged" and gave all the same "Merge ID". Now the roles are automatically structured as one entry point, as long as they are defined with "entry point" = yes. And the visibility of the roles depends on the assignments from the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you r creating the

role1

*workset1

**page1

**role2

***workset

****page

yes there is inheritance that is role2 is depent on role1

so all properties of role 1 is inherited by role 2.

if u need to eleminate the property u need to create a seprate role , workset,page one-by-one.

i hope its helpful for u

thanks