cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updation of additional data from PA30(HR master) screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are implementing DMS for HR department and we are developing screen for HR master object link to link documents with HR master record.Now my client wants, once Personnel No( Hr master No) enterd in object link and press enter, automatically Additional data such as Personnel Area, personnel sub area, employee group and employee sub group should fetch from PA30 screen(For the PS No entered in object link).These additional data(PA, PSA,EG and Empoyee sub group) are defined as characterstic and assigned to document types via class.

Is there any solutions for this scenario? If yes plz let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance

sham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i don't think its a good idea to maintain same data at 2 places as u need here.Better u link the HR data to the DIR. And when u double click on the HR data in the object link then it'll open the HR Screen and u can see all the data there.

But if still if u need to maiantain those values in Classification of the DIR(ie. Additional Tab) then u may need to go for an enhancement. The logic may go as follows:

1. u'll need to define the characteristics for each value that u need to mainatin in additional tab and assign them to the class of class type(017) and assign the class to the document type. I think this u must have already done.

2. The characteristic u define better be linked directly to the fields in the HR master tables so that the values for these need not be mainatined manually.

3. Then u need to put a condition that for one DIR only one object link in HR master is allowed.

4. Then, as soon as the HR data is entered in the object link and Enter is pressed, the program should run and fetch the values for the specific record from respective tables and enter them in to the Additional Tab(ie. table AUSP).

For this u'll need technical help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear abhishek,

Thanks a lot for ur quick replay,

Thats true, already these information is maintained in HR master, but with respect these fields i want to control authorization.

With reference to point No 2, how to link HR fields to characterstics?

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to go to ct04 and in Values u need to maintain a function module (Check values) which links the values from the table directly to the characteristic values.

i m not sure what tables n fields are used for maintaining these values. u need to find out 'em n link them using function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks abhishek,

Vr trying out this, if v get solution, definitely v let u know.

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just use document archiving? It caters for linking documents to individual infotypes? This was specifically designed for storage of HR documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Is it possible to store documents in content server in archivelink and how about text search(Trex)?

What about authorization control? is there any authorization objects in Archivelink?

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI abhishek,

Can u give me probable list of FM's

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is possible to store it in the content server using archivelink. You would need to write a custom TREX search for archivelink if you wanted this but it would be better to do this than to try create a lot of authorisations for HR which may conflict with the info type authorisations or require more work for an authorisation person to administrate this. This is not normally an issue however because most HR documents relate to the infotype so information there is already available to search and a large portion of these HR documents are scanned.

there are a number of authorisations which are relevant for archivelink on HR.

S_WFAR_OBJ controls the ability to create, change or delete documents in HR. (for PREL ArchiveLink Authorisation Object)

In addition to this, there is a separate optical archiving table in the HR config area where you can link archivelink object types to info types. This ensures that you can ensure that medical documents linked to a medical infotype are only available to people who have access to that infotype.

The table is found at SPRO - PERSONEL ADMIN - TOOLS - OPTICAL ARCHIVING (I think, can't remember off hand). Here you can specify the document type, associated info type and sub type, whether a date is required etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply Athol,

We will try to convince our customer.

regards

sham