cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently installing XI and are looking at a strategy for an SLD....we only have an SLD installed for the XI dev box.

Is it best to

i) Create one SLD...but if you have installed it on DEV should u move it to production?

ii) create two sld's....one for dev,qa and another for production?

iii) Create Master for full SAP landscape and then have XI SLD read from the Master....and if so do u still have a two XI SLD's?

Thanks in Advance

Jim

Does anyone have any advice or could tell me what strategy they followed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the advice....

I just have another question....

Michal your advice of one SLD seems to tie into all the documentation and makes sense but.....

When applying SP to J2EE or ABAP can that affect the SLD...

What my colleagues fear is that we apply or SP to dev,qa and then when you go to production the worst thing happens and the SLD is affected screwing up the system. They feel if you had a seperate SLD at qa or dev you avoid this scenario.

I don't have enough knowledge to argue this point but i would of thought the SLD is designed not to be affected by any upgrades or SP's.

Thanks

Jim

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

good question for OSS

but...

SLD is a read-only environment

from the XI point of view at least

so the worst thing that should happen

would be that dev, qa system won't be able to read from it for a while... until you get back with the backup...

but try asking on the OSS too

I think if this is SAP's strategy they also keep this in mind but who can be 100% sure?

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>i) Create one SLD...but if you have installed it on DEV should u move it to production?

this is the one we follow with all our clients

you can export you dev sld and import it into a new pdr sld

one sld allows you to do transports of configuraiton objects without any problem

and you can just have one sld admin that will

create all sld objects for the dev environment

(for developers)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

It is always preferred to have dedicated SLD for production instance. As described by you, second one would fit your requirements.

Regards, Sreenivas.