cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Maintenance Plant Maintenance Module

0 Kudos

Dear All,

While maintaining the catalogs in the PRD system, Error "Client Not Modifiable" occurs. Instead of transporting the catalogs from Development server i want to do this directly in the PRD system. I am using ECC 6.0 and so far i have been unable to find any satisfactory SAP Note. If anyone here is aware of one please update me on it. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks and Best Regards

Atif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the note no "376134 - Catalog maintenance:error mssg TK430 (client not modifiable)".

Check whether it is solving your issue.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know whenever u create a new catalog system will generate Transport request since it is linked with customization, so In PRD u r getting a message " SYSTEM NOT MODIFIYABLE" .

If you want to create a catalog directly in PRD , system should modify for allowing to create transport request but that is not abest practice.

What i have done in my project I have created all catalog , code and code groups in Golden client with Request and I will transport into PRD .

I hope explains if not let me know .

Regards

Sendil

0 Kudos

Dear Sendil,

Thanks for your valuable comments. Currently my PRD system does not require me to make transport requests.

I understand that modifying the system to maintain catalogs in PRD system but there are some reasons due to which i think i should do it. There are similar examples in FICO module also which need similar treatment like the maintenance of Foreign Exchange rates etc. So far i have been unable to find an appropriate SAP Note for this condition for ECC 6.

Thanks and Regards

Atif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out this SAP note # 381286. It might help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out "334892" Transaction 0VRF closed, No maintenance allowed,

This may also help you.

Sashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atif,

you cannot do customisation activity directly into "PRD" System. so you have to it in development system

and transport it.

or

Ask your Basis consultant to do

In Transaction Code SCC4.

client role : c customizing

Double click client and make make "make automatic recording of changes"

and save.

Regards,

Sashi