cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 authorisation - modify role from downloaded file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

when i was in 4.7 i could download roles into spreadsheet, modify the value there and upload the roles back to the system.

but after upgraded the system to ecc6, this is no longer working, when uploading the modified spreadsheet back to system it cannot be recognized.

advice is desperately needed.

thanks.

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still not answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kent,

As Juan has already suggested, it is better (to me preferred) to change the roles through PFCG. Personally I never changed them through spreadsheet. That being said, when you save the profile make sure that you are saving in unicode format. I have opened one of my existing ones in excel and it works.

thanks

BMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BMG,

are u in ECC6 ?

the reason for not using pfcg, u may refer my reply to Juan.

thanks.

regards,

kent

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you modify the role in PFCG?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

the situation is ... i have 1000+ roles .. i need to copy the same set for other projects ... with some fields' value changed. for example company code, the name of the roles ... etc.

downloaded them in spreadsheet, i can search and replace the contents and upload them back to SAP.

in ecc6, without using spreadsheet i will have to go in pfcg 1000+ times for the same changes ...

apparently someone said this is SAP's intention to make making changes in roles difficult .. so that it sounds like a dedicated job ... indirectly create more job opportunity .. don't know how true ...

unfortunately this has caused me a lot of inconveniences ...

regards,

kent

ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have that many roles to change and update then you should consider using eCATT to make the changes.

Another thing to try is posting this question in the Security forum.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes