cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone used Service Management functionalities for Equipment procurement? Is it possible to use Service Management functionalities to track Procured equipment warranties, repairs, exchanges, reconditioning etc?

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Sd, if the company is in selling of equipments which are serviseable then they use the functionality CS integrated with SD.

The process FLow is as follows:

The material mostly if serviseable like computerss, Fax machines, Photocopier etc are managed via serial number's

We raise SO - Del (Serial number assigned) - Bill as nornal order to cash cycle

Then There is a concept of functional location i.e the locations where the euipment is located like the customers place so create customer place as functional location.

In the serial number profile - euip necessay is 02 activated

when ever we create serial number euipment number created.... wee can go to IQ08 and l;ocate the euip no. via the serial number sent.

then go to change mode of euip master and assign the functional location, const type (to get the material BOM)

now when ever complaint comes - two processes comes - like our service agent has to go to customer place or euip is delivered to us for repair and then we send repaired euip to customer.

Process i - We send euip to cust is a revenue bearing Service order

process ii - customer returns euip fior repair then it is a repair order.

For both process i and ii we raise service notitfication i.e S1 type for process 1 and S4 type for process 2 in TC IW51.

from this service notification wee raise spare part order if only sparep arts to be supplied - SPO in Std

or raise service order if we send technician to site

from s4 notification type - we raise the repair order RAS and take returns delivery, raise service order, then complete repairs and delivery it back to customer and settle the service order to COPA.

Hope the concept is clear

reward if useful

krishna

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya

Please find a document at this [LINK|help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCBMTWFMPM/BCBMTWFMPM.pdf]

Hope it helps

Regards