cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To use SRM Catalog from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

there is a way to use the SRM catalog from ECC system?

Can I buy items from ECC system selecting them from SRM catalog?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Catalog (CCM, MDM or other third party product) is independant from SRM or ECC.

As a consequence, you can connect your catalog in ECC especially in transaction ME21N and ME22N in ECC to create Purchase orders or M251n or ME52N to create purchase request.

There is a configuration point in ECC to connect one and only one (limitation up to ECC60 included) catalog URL address.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

can I see SRM catalog from ECC system?

For example, if I change the catalog in SRM, when I log in to ECC for a purchase, can I automatically use the ultimate version of the SRM catalog or I see yet the old version?

In what configuration point of the ECC system, can I connect a catalog URL address?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Antonio.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can use "SRM" catalog from ECC.

You see the last uptodate published version of the catalogue.

Path in ECC for configuration is :

SPRO-> Materials Management->Purchasing->Environment Data-> Web Services: ID and Description

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry question was answered, so I create a new Thread!

Ist there no way to use more than one cataloge in the ECC60 System?

Are ther some add-ons to use more than one cataloge?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by: Markus Grube on Apr 17, 2008 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

If I have understood your question correctly - you are looking out to buy products within ECC system using SRM system

If this is the case, you can do 2 things-

1. You can replicate all ECC products to SRM and buy them from standard SRM shopping cart functionality; wherein a search functionality would be avaialable to find out a perticular replicated backend product. Regarding maintenance of prices for these products- you can use 'interlinkages' withing SRM. You can maintain separate price of different vendors for a same product using interlinkages.

2. I am not sure about CCM but if SAP MDM is in your scope along with SRM, then you can replicate all ECC products as standard catalogs items to MDM from ECC. This would require XI as a middileware. Once replicated you can use these catalogs from buying purpose withing SRM

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ciao Antonio

could u tell me more about "SRM catalog"? Are u talking about CCM-SRM? U know is possible to link more and various catologues to SRM.

Grazie

Andrea