Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter in HTTP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

My requirements are:

I am sending an XML to an external system. Documentation says: "XML should be in a parameter in your request called 'xmlInput'".

How do I actually put my XML in this parameter? Does this have anything to do with the URL Parameters in comm channel configuration?

I have configured a client proxy, http receiver adapter and a communication channel in sm59 and they work OK, but it seems as I don't send the XML in this parameter.

Appreciate your help!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI puts the message payload into the HTTP message payload and Not in a parameter. I would say this is a major limitation of the receiever system to only be capable of receiving XML in an HTTP parameter.

If there is no other way (and it seems like this) then you should use a java proxy which will allow you to send such an HTTP message. In you Java proxy you will be able to specify different parameters in the you HTTP request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

Thanks for your answers.

Nana, are you sure of this, that java proxy is the only way I can put the XML in a parameter? I only need to confirm this because there is no place in their documentation that this is stated explicitly, I have only been told this via their technical person...:)

I agree that this is a limitation of the receiving system, and I know that this system is not up to date as I can tell from what they are saying and their documentation.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am quite certain that this is not possible with the standard adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

Good news. It can be solved.

ContentType: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Prolog: &xmlInput=

Epilog: &end=yes

This will send the XML in a parameter called xmlInput...

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check thiese For HTTP Receiver Config,

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/64dbb0af9f30b4e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

Seshagiri