cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch event from Web Dynpro for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru's,

we have a working Web Dynpro for Java. It delivers a company code that needs to be routed to a visual composer model. In the Web Dynpro we use the WDPortalEventing.fire command to trigger an event named 'ShowCompanyCode' in namespace com.sap.vc:epcm. In the visual composer, I used a 'signal in' for the same namespace and event name. However, the supplied value for the company code is not received. Both iviews (from VC and Web Dynpro) are on one page.

I have enabled the flash debug console and did some testing with a VC model that consists of two iviews on one page. Here it does work. I have found some differences in the debug output that points in a direction.

In the case of the VC iviews, I get the following string in the debug console: signalinAHAPP -<Params version="2" ><Row STR1="1000" /></Params>. This results in a correct transfer of company code value '1000'.

When getting the info from the Web Dynpro iview, I get the following string: signalinAHAO8 -1000. It seems that the web dynpro does not supply the values in a correct way. However, the same mechanism is used to supply the data to another web dynpro iview and that works fine.

Do we have to use special coding to be able to fire the event to a VC iview? Any help will be appreciated and points will be awarded!

Thanks,

Arno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A. Van de Camp,

You can create two iViews that communicate with each other on the same page, using client-side eventing, so that the output of the first iView serves as the input to the second. Eventing in the portal is based on the use of the Enterprise Portal Client Manager (EPCM), an object defined by the portal client framework to handle functions such as client eventing.

To define eventing between an iView created and existing in the portal(web dynpro iview), and an iView created in Visual Composer:

1.Check the properties of the existing portal iView and find out its EPCM event name.

2. In Storyboard, open the iView that is to be the second part of the eventing scenario and create the required port: as input or as output.

3. Double-click the newly-created port and in the Configure Element task panel, enter the portal event name in the Signal name field and the EPCM event in the EPCM event field.

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sami,

thanks for your elaborate reply. However, we had checked all these things and they are pointing to each other in the way you describe. We use the two iviews on one page and use client side eventing. But unfortunately still no success!

So we're still looking for a solution. Hopefully some more suggestions will come up!

Thanks,

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no further suggestions?

We are still looking for a possible solution!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you found any solution ? Because I am facing the same problem....

Thanks for your help...

Thibault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibault,

no, still no answer yet. We have rebuilt the web dynpro in VC to get around the problem.

We still hope someone has a solution to help us all.

Best regards,

Arno

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u dontmind colud u Plz write ur requirement in One line so that it will be clear for Us.

Reagrds,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

How to code the fire event in Web Dynpro so I can catch the event and accompanying parameter (in our case the value for the company code) in the VC model for further processing.

So it comes down to the alignment between Web Dynpro and VC events: how to fire the event in web dynpro so I can catch it correctly in VC.

Thanks,

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have came across the same situation. I did not know how to catch the event from other applications using webdynpro code.

I have the same requirement of connecting a visual composer iview with a wbdynpro iview. Could you please say how did you resolve this issue?

Do you have any code samples for this?

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

my problem is not solved yet, so I cannot give you any example code.

We are currently enhancing the application in Web Dynpro instead of 'taking over' in VC.

If you do find a solution, please update this thread! I am happy to award points for a working solution or a pointer in the right direction.

Regards,

Arno