cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

While performing local client copy with profile SAP_APPL i get the error the extract of the same i have pasted below

Plz help.

Runtime error DBIF_RSQL_ERROR

Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

The exception must either be prevented, caught with in the procedure

"TAB_COPY_2_COntinue"

"FORM" or declared in the procedure RAISING clause

Th prevent the exception note the following

Database error text....."Ora-25153 Temprorary tablespace is empty"

Internal call code......"[RSQL/FTCH/BSAK]"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is resotored or recovered, and you used tempfiles for PSAPTEMP, then you need to re-create PSAPTEMP.

Check SAP note 600513.

Nahum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have recreated the required temp tablespace but i am getting the same prob. After scheduling client copy in SAPMMC server is becoming yellow and its not showing any error.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupinder Singh.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhupinder,

If you have exclusive use of the system whilst the client copy is being taken then you can disable archiving as follows:

1) stopsap

2) sqlplus "/as sysdba"

3) startup mount exclusive

4) alter database noarchivelog;

5) alter database open;

6) quit

7) startsap

Perform your client copy in this mode. Once the client copy has completed, switch archiving back on using command alter database archivelog; in place of command 4 above.

I must stress, whilst running the system in noarchivelog mode your ability to recover the system is compromised.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still facing some issues with client export import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhupinder,

Is the disk/filesystem where your saparch/oraarch full and preventing the Oracle archive process from archiving the redo logs?

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Yesterday I started the client copy using client export and import method but when I checked the status of import today morning, dispatcher was in standstill mode and archive log folder was full, so I deleted all the logs and now import is running fine ....as our database size is huge ,we are facing these kind of issues ......when we tried to stop the archiving ,dispatcher again went to standstill mode ...can you suggest me some permanent solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupinder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhupinder,

Locate the temporary files on the hard drive(s) of the database server; they should be called something like <drive>:\oracle\<SID>\sapdata<n>\temp_<n>.

For each temporary file you locate, use sqlplus to re-attach the missing temporary files to the temporary tablespace:

alter tablespace PSAPTEMP add tempfile '<drive>:\oracle\<SID>\sapdata<n>\temp_<n>' reuse autoextend off;

e.g.

alter tablespace PSAPTEMP add tempfile 'G:\oracle\DEV\sapdata1\temp_1' reuse autoextend off;

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in DB02, whether PSAPTEMP is empty.

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakaran Srinivasan ,

I have checked ...its empty....what to do now?

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error log-:

Runtime error DBIF_RSQL_ERROR

Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

The exception must either be prevented, caught with in the procedure

"TAB_COPY_2_COntinue"

"FORM" or declared in the procedure RAISING clause

Th prevent the exception note the following

Database error text....."Ora-25153 Temprorary tablespace is empty"

Internal call code......"RSQL/FTCH/BSAK"

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sing,

check this note

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have resolved the temp tablespace prob but still while doing the client copy disp+work dispatcher is going into Standstill mode ....and turning to yellow ....we are doing the client copy from 500 client (as source client) which is having large volume of data.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant.