Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call other application

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts!!

How can we call an application from another project and pass arguments to the other application in Dynpro not using portal?

good hints will be highly appreciated,

nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use LinkToURL UI instead of Button. It worked. thanks all

DeeptiChavare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You can use WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute() method to call another application, which also makes possible to pass parameters to the application.

Go through the links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c3/235a428a1e9041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/36d93f130f9115e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Deepti

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply deepthi,

But I need to link two Dynpro applications, not portal (without DC!).

if you give some light on that too will be highly appreciated

thanks again

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to call another application then you need to go for DC instead of simple project and you can not only have view of another DC into one but you can also pass data using context between them.

Regards,

Murtuza

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for quick response Murtuza,

I have few doubts..

Please tell me

1. we can not accomplish this thing using URL parameters ?

2. I have created one DC and the URL is generated as the second needs (fixed the param and value); but the second application is not get invoked. ( I tried giving Exit, standard plugs in the interface controller)

Could you help me in transversing and passing parameters within two different projects ?

All reference materials are giving concepts and I need a complete solution to make this thing work

Please help

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to see whether you cna navigate to your other application or not.

1. Try executing your 2nd application and copy its url from the browser.

2. Take one link to url UI element and set its url to the one taken above with additional parameters if you want to set in view1.

3. Now read the additional parameters in wdDoInit() method of view of the 2nd application using

IWDProtocolAdapter protocoladapter = WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter();

IWDRequest request = protocoladapter.getRequestObject();

String KUNNR = request.getParameter("KUNNR");

Thanks and Regards,

Murtuza

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Murtuza,

tell me how can I make URL of second application to be invoked on button action?

nikhil

Former Member
nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But that will work on the same server right ? What if I have to deploy it on another server ?

How can i get the URL of the application ? I tried URL generator but it gives some relative path like \temp\....

Do you think using DCs we can't pass arguments/parameters to another ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can get the url only if the application is deployed on the same server and what I would suggest is passing the data between DCs through context would be a better way rather than passing it through url parameters.

Regards,

Murtuza

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have 3 dynpro applications(3 projects) and now, I want to lik all of them. I can invoke those with interface views and firePlugOut() . But I have problem in mapping contexts. when i map interface controller with component controller it gives build errors. So i gave up that idea and came for URLs. I think DCs are the best way.

Could you give me some references to pass arguments using DCs?

Or please tell me steps to link and pass parameter using DC

thanks in advance

nikhil

Former Member