cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to give space before a print variable on left

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am trying to output data on form column 2nd and first column is left to be blank no data to be displayed in it

ie i have to leave 14 char space and two tabs position on left of my column2 to print nothing on column1 as the data needs to be diplyae under colunn2 in main window only please suggest how to do it and whta code is for it

]regards

arora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Print the variable for the column2 after the tab

Example:

,,&var2&

,, - 14 chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls confirm i dont thing it will work

as after tab it will give only a space and print in the first columns

how it will know it has to go after 14 char space and then print the variable under column2 only

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set your tab to 14 spaces first while defining in the paragraph format.It will then print under the second column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

where can i define the space in paragraph format

space before? box

whta should i give 14 mm or 14 cm which unit i should give

also

for defining this extra line under a particular row what should i need to give

mean under normal circumtance the rows are displayiing as row1 row2 row3 etch alli n single line

now for some cases i need to give two extra lines under a specific column in main window only for taht particular column not for other column f or other it will be blank as explained above to give space 14 c har

so in code if i just give the code for t his two extra line in the codealready executing in form will all below rows automatically goes down when this is executed or it will be some allignment problem?

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a tab with 14 characters(CH) in the paragraph format that you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dishant

my requiment is to add a line below a particula column only for some cases for which code i can write

but how to display under that particluar column only keeping the column 1 and column2 empty

for eg

row 1 contains data

c1 c2 c3 c4

r1c1 r1c2 r1c3 r1c4

blank blank newdata blank

blank blank barcode blank

then now comes next row of line item

so how to implemen tthis new data under column3 only for next line but for that line item only.

mean to say all other column corresponding to that new data is blank in other columns only for colunn 3 we have to implement two more lines under a value coming wiht barcode to i have to add 3 lines under that columns

so if i just give a paragraphe format in next line with this increased tab spaces and again

a new paragraphe format for bar code

will two line will be created and the next line items ie row2 row3 wil be automatically shifted down?

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arora,

As far as I understand the problem,you need blank for columns not having data.When you give the variables under each column and they do not have any data in them then they will not print anything and you will get a blank there.Only variables having values will be printed.Where you need to print the values will be solved by the tabs you give.Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my query was that for one column and from one row there are threee lines of data to be displayed under column3 and only one line of data for column 1 and col2 ie remaingin next two lines for col1 and 2 are blank

this is for one line item or one row

then next row or line item comes

how to acheive this

will if i give next line with soem paragraph format giving spaces to display under col3 only will it work?

rgards

arora