cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter of Credit Process in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Can any one send me or explain me the letter of credit process in SAP or sales cycle?

please send step by step configuration or documentation on the above process.

my mail id is sd.toshniwal@gmail.com

Suitable points will be rewarded.

thanking you in advance for your kind help.

Thanks n Regards

Toshniwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Letter of Credit Confug is done in SPRO - SD - foreign trade / customs - documentary payments - here u can config payment types LC and also the payment gurarantee procedure for risk management ...

rewward if useful

krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the Letter of credit details

The configuration is as follows - OVFD, Define and assign payment guarantee, OBYN,OBYH, and OBYK. It is properly working.

I made all the required transaction VX11N, VXA2, F-36, F-34, F-20

Letter of Credit: A letter issued by a bank to obtain payment for goods. When a letter of credit is confirmed, the advising bank guarantees payment only if all stipulations in the letter of credit are conformed to exactly.

1.The importer first request a quote for merchandise. This may or may not include transportation and insurance costs.

2.The importer prepares a purchase order based on the offer received from the exporter.

3.The exporter creates a proforma invoice and sends it to importer.

4.The importer opens a letter of credit with the opening bank in the country of import.

5.The opening bank sends the letter of credit to the advising bank in the exporters country.

6.The advising bank advises the exporter that a letter of credit has been opened in his favor.

7.The exporter ships the merchandise in accordance with the terms stipulated in the LOC.

8.The exporter gives the documents proving that the shipment was made in conformance with the LOC to the advising bank.

9.The advising bank pays the exporter based on the documents received.

10.The advising bank transfers the documents to the opening bank and receives payment.

11.The opening bank gives the document to the importer.

12.The importer calculates the duty rates, file the declaration with customs and pays the customs duties within the time frame required by law.

Hope this will be useful

Reward points if helpful to you.

Bye

Anil