Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am not sure of where to place this question

I am working in delhi company where SAP implementation is going on ,the process what consulatnat has given is like level1 training, scenrario testing, blue print, go live and support.

We have finsihed the scenario testing , where we felt that so many modifications has to be done in each and every modules which we have explained to them.

so now we are in Blueprint (To be stage) actually what is this, if once we sign this TO BE it means its the end of that they will be configuring everything according to that, and after the configuration if we ask them to do some modification will they do it or not.( Because the TO be what we see is in Paper , where we will be giving our requirments ), but when it come to the original scenario in SAP, we may feel that it is not ok we need some more modification to be done.

So my actual question is that once the Blue Print(TO be) has be signed off , will they do any modifications if we require or else we have to go with what is there in TO Be .

Please Help me out, hope that my question is clear

Thanks in advance

rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

By and large once the Blue print is signed off, its understood on either side ie business and consulting company that its good now for realization.

Blue Print indicates, that now the required scenarios are well understood and have covered the required business processes. A sign off at this stage assures the business that the TO BE is going to be delivered in the time frame fixed with the consulting company. At the same a new demand placed after the blue print is signed off, may not be obliged by the consulting IT company for reasons like

1) Price

2) the complications involved in re desingning the whole scenarios once again which consume lot of time resulting in cost.

However as you told, it can so happen that business do seek for some modifications which are done sometimes. But unless we really have a guide line like a blue print these modifications would never end we cant finish off projects well. Thats the reason some requirements which are not completed or identified during print, come up again as enhancements(may also be new things altogether) after the system goes live.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

Apart from the suggestion given by Sadhu, definitely as and when new requirements will come once the process is freezed. The normal strategy is for those additional requirements, the respective consultants will configure and allot a new tocde (starts with z). You can make use of that. For this, the client will be charged either on mandays or total hours taken to configure the new requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your query, ASIS is which the consultant will take the data from client regarding their present business activities, with this the consultant will be preparing TOBE doc and which will be signed bythe client after everything is ok. If not client wants some changes then they have to do accordingly or some developments related to ABAP which were not fullfulling the customer requirement may be taken as GAPs.

These GAPS can be fullfillied after or implementation based on the requirement of the client these can be developed. the max as per SAP standards they will try to solve other wise they will go for some development using some user exits or depending on the requirement stage.

But finally client requirement can be changed when it is not fullfilling your requirements.

Hope i answered your query.

Reward if helpful.

Bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

your answer was very helpful but now what is happening is that we are in two minds to sign off the Blue print, what the consulatant are saying is that we can sign off the Blue print now and at the time of realization if there is any extra requiremnt it will be fullfilled . Is it ok will do they that ?

is it the normal procedure happening ?

will they fullfill our requi at the realisation stage once the blue print has been signed off ?

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fine you can sing off this document by taking precautionary steps

1) please check in blue print for each process where ever your requirement is not fullfilling they have to mentionthe GAP in that. whether that is possible or not different issue.

2) tell them to give one document in which mentioning what all they are going to do at the time of realization and get accepted from both ends.

hope these documents will be there in both ends so you can ask them about your requiremnts which are not done. these are called as left outs.

Check with them .

Hope i answered your doubt.

Bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Thank u so much your answers were so helpful to me , not only thanks i have reward with marks , and r u malayali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No thanks man we should be helpful to each others, that is why this community. Any how i am happy that u r satisfied.

No i am from Andhra. working in Pune.

Bye

Anil