Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement next line

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i ahve a problem

in main window there are line items outputed in rows and columns seperated by vertical lines and horizontal lines

now my requriment is that under a column say column3 i want an extra line to display some more data in that column only

how to do it

mean for all columns 1 column2 there will be n othing corresponding to that particlar row only in column3 data will be tehre rest all columns that data will be blank...

my q

wht is command to give next line under for that particlual columns

and what tabs should i put to escape that data coming to columns 1 and columns2 only for column3 it should come

how to give blank space for first two columns and reach the third columns what code to write in form

regards

Arora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

I assume you want the output to be as follows.......

S. No ---- Mat. No----Description

01--

A00101---LCD Screens, Monitors,

-

Computing.

02--

A00102---Modems, Networking

03--

A00103---Mouse, I/O Devices,

-

Computing.

The simplest solution for your problem is, for column 3 (here Description), specify a left margin and a right margin. Say, you want the text to be printed at 7 inches from left of the page margin and should end at 10 inches from the page margin, go to paragraph format and create a new one with desired font type and size and specify a left margin with 7 inches and a right margin with 10 inches. The data will be restricted to that particular column and rest of the fields will be printed as per the TABs specified for them.

Hope this clears your problem. If this was helpful, please award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u got my points this is how i want to display

now if i create a paragraph format with tab space = 1 and then in next line for column 3 i give the tabs say 19 spaces to left then i hope this not disturb the output for next line item

mean row 2 of line item it will automatically be shifted down for next line item right? so there will not be any allignment issue

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

You have to first create a pragraph format with 5 tabs for each column(assuming you have five columns)..Then you use these tabs in you script like:

P1 ''&var1&''&var2&''&var3& and so on.

If var1 has value it will be printed for a particular row else there will be a blank space and var2 will be printed . Similarly this will work for all row items.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly Nishanth, if you want to restrict the third column just give the left and right margin, dont specify any tabs for that particular column, for ex., if there are 4 columns and u want to restrict the 3rd one then you can follow this way,

Column1 - TAB 1 inch,

Column2 - TAB 3 inch,

Column3 - L margin 7", R margin 10",

Column4 - TAB 11".

See, here you specify the TABS only for the three columns and restrict the margin for one column. Do not specify any tabs for the 3rd column. The 4th column will print as per the TAB specified and doesnt have any alignment issues because of the 3rd column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi avinash

any particular reason for not using tabs?

i dont have any variable for the next line in colunn1 and col2 ony in col 3 i have values

regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dishant

i dont ahve anything to p rint in variable1 and var2 tehre are no valirable for col1 and col2 for that row

only in col3 as givne by you in the above chain a example of document.

so for eg say 50mm is the left margin i want to display the colu4 after 50mm space so i give first tab1 as 50 mm right and use only one tab in the

/p ,,&var_col3&

so this will work fine right this value will be printed in next line after first line item under column 3 and column 1 and col2 will be blank right

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes it will print like that.

You can define one tab of 50 mm or CH as the requirement.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dishant

ok let me check it once implemented i update and close this thread

one more question so in main window this line item has three rows in col3 and only one each in col1 and col2 and col1 and col2 has two lines blank nothing to display

so for next line item since the col3 has 3 lines

so the next line item in main windwo will automatically shift down right when this extra lines are p rinted for the col3

and item 2 ie row 2 will be the fourth line automaticalyy in the print out and adjusted automatically right?

pls suggest

regards

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes. You check this and tell me if you have a proble.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

The reason why i have mentioned not to use TAB for the third column is because you have already created a left margin and a right margin for it. If you again create a TAB for the 3rd column, it will have an impact on the alignment of the third column. You are free to define TABs for the rest of the columns even if u have no data to be printed for them, but just make sure that the TABs created for them perfectly adjust with the third one.

Try the following example.

"ColumnA"----"ColumnB"---"ColumnC"--

"ColumnD"

"TAB 3in_____""TAB 4in_____""Lft.Mrgn___Rt.Mrgn""TAB 2in--"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi avinash

i am just using like this

for eg col1 and col2 no data i need space

for col3 and col4 in need data

so i did it tab1 30 mm

tab2 50mm

and given

/p ,,&col3 variable&,,&col4var& is it ok

arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Thats gonna work perfectly fine. If there are line items in the column4 that are going to be repeated in the next line (just like column3 ), then you need to specify the margins for column4 too.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to use loop.

suppose u want some extra line should be added without any allignment disturbance,

u put that table in loop from where u are fetching the data,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi my requiment is to add a line below a particula column only for some cases for which code i can write

but how to display under that particluar column only keeping the column 1 and column2 empty

for eg

row 1 contains data

c1 c2 c3 c4

r1c1 r1c2 r1c3 r1c4

blank blank newdata blank

so how to implemen tthis new data under column3 only for next line but for that line item only.