cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experst,

Currently in our company we have 3 plants like A , B and C and we are going for a plant like D , so where should i go and add this new plant, what are the steps, by adding a new plant i have to add so many things like account group , i am not sure of what are all the things to be added

can u pls help me out

rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

New plant creation and assignment of the plant with is done by MM consultant.

If MM consultant has copied plant from existing plant of same company code, SD enterprise structure configuration will be copied from that plant and you don't require to make the configuration for assignment of plant to Sales orgnization.

Once plant creation has been done, let your FI consultant to make his config ie business area assignment.

Then SD consultant start config.

1) Assignment of plant to Sales Area.

2) Define shipping point.

3) Assign shipping point to plant(if giving error check the assignment in T-Code OVL2 if shipping determination exist if plant copied ..remove assignement).

4) Shipping point determination by using T-code OVL2.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For plant you will need to do SPRO-->Enterprise structure->definitions and assignment.

1. Define plant, shipping pts, storage location, loading points.

2. Assignment between above;

3. Assingment of plant to company code and sales area.

Then there will be some material master and customer master extension to new plant, and need to extend some other functionalities which are plant specific.

Reward, if this helps.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

normally, the MM or PP consultant defines the plant in IMG > Ent Structure > Definition > Logistics Gen > Define Plant....

the job of SD is, after the above, to assign the sales organization - distribution channel to the plant in IMG > Ent Structure > Assignment > SD > Assign sales org - dist chnl to plant.

after this, you have to discuss with your team if it is necessary to define a new shipping point. if yes, this will be defined in IMG > Ent Structure > Definition > Log Execution... and assigned in IMG > Ent Structure > Assignment > Log Execution.... you will also do shipping point determination in IMG > Shipping > Basic Shipping Funcs > Determine Shpg Pt and Goods Receiving Pt > Assign shipping points.

the MM consultant will also define a storage location for the new plant. you then make the storage location determination in IMG > Log Execution > Shipping > Picking > Determine Picking Location > Assign Picking Location.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Defining a Plant: -

SPRO

Enterprise Structure

Definition

Logistics General

Define, Copy, Delete, Check Plant EC02

Go to copy organisational object

Come back

Go to Define Plant

Select the defined Plant and go to details Address and Maintain Details and Edit details and save it.

Hope this helps

Reward if helpfull.

Cheers & Rgds,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

adding a new plant would mean a huge addition to the existing enterprise structure. Its almost a rollout which you need to sit with all the other modules and decide whats required to be done.

from the Sd point of view, you need to decide

1)what are all the existing sales org + DC combinations that needs to be tied up to the new Plant.

2)Setup the required material masters in the new plant(sales views).

3)check with any specific settings required from the master data perspective.

4)Configure the shipping determinations.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

ya actually i know that a huge rollout is to be done, but how and where to be done is what iam not sure about ,

Can u tell me what are the modifications to be done and how and whre in detail.( With tcodes or screen shorts) only if possible.

Sorry if i am wasting ur valuable time

Not urgenet when ur free u can pls help me out . My Email id is rajesh524@gmail.com

Rakesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rakesh

To add plant, Go to IMG screen and select the following

Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Logistics-General --> Define, copy, delete, check plant.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi