cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

after issuing a cr. memo invoice the amount is posting into the g/l a/c 802000(a/c key is ERL in RAD),but i want this amount to be posted into different a/c.

2.how can i treat this amount,as per me issuing a cr. memo is loss to the company.

3.which a/c key i have to use &where can i ctrl all this.

thanks & regards

reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Issuing credit memo is mostly with reference to an invoice, and an invoice belongs to a payer. i.e the payer subledger gets updated and net amount outstanding gets updated, accordingly.

If u see the pricing procedure suppose let us take std RVAA01 then PR00 gets copied frm invoice and taxes redetermined.

hence each amount goes to respective G/L for updation and the net amount i.e credit memo gets posted via posting key 11(refer TC OB41 - u wil find 01 for invoice i.e for receivables and 11 for posting credit memo becos credit memo is a posting to credit the customer)

If u try to post the credit memo to a different account then when u go to TC FBL5n to see customer line item display then it will not reflect there so we will not get true picture of receivables there.

Hope i am clear ... if any doubt in concept pls give yr inputs)

Reward if useful

krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

there are many ways you can do account determination.

if account 802000 is where you post revenues (using key ERL), this is also the logical account to post 'negative' revenues as a result of a credit memo. any postings from the credit memo is a negative posting. so you are right, this is a 'loss' to the company.

however, you can also assign the postings to another account, say 802001. how to do this? a possibility is to define another posting key (e.g. ZRL instead of ERL). assign this posting key to another condition type (e.g. ZR00 instead of PR00). include this condition type in another defined pricing procedure (e.g. ZVAA01). finally, assign this pricing procedure to your credit memo request.

what happens next is that when you create a credit memo request, the amount will be posted to 802001 using ZRL key.

there is another method, which is to use recon accounts (alternate), which gets around the VKOA assignment somewhat, and this is assigned to the billing type.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have followed the procedure suggested by u.i have standard pric.proc as ZKFACT.&i copied it as ZKCRED.&changed the pr00 as zr00(copy of pr00)remaining all is same.

the prob is while creating the return order with ref to inv it is picking the pric.proc.as zkfact, where as it should be zkcred.

I have made settings correctly with the doc. proc& cust pric proc.in OVKK.

can somebody tell me what is missing in determining pricing proc. as ZKCRED for return order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r creating WRT invoice so what ever pricicng procedure is in invoice is in Re ? How can u assign a different procedure to it.

As RE is not a origing document like OR but a retrun process which has a reference.

Hope it clears

Dont reward nothing great but a std process

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what is the solution for my prob.as i said i want the amount in cr.memo to be posted into different a/c.

regards

reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandar,

You can configure a new pricing procedure for the credit memo and assign it to the new document type for eg ZRCR ie. Cr memo with reference and in the new doument type kindly make the order reason mandatory and post the accounting entries with respect to the order reason. For this maintain table in the account determination process.

Hope this helps

Jyotsana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look, genrally a credit memo will be posted to customer account but for statisatical purpose if u want to use a G/L to post it only for analysis then u can create a condition type and opytotal amount ot it and create a Account key for it and sue this account key to post it in VKoa to the G/L u want

regards

krishna