cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom attribute in transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I make use of custom attributes in transaction in xMII 12.0.

I know the URL http://<server:port>/XMII/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List. How can I use it in transaction.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

If you specify the URL in an HTTP Post action block, you would be able to use the return XML in the transaction.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jai.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. It was really very helpful. I am using the Autobind option and I can assign the attribute dynamically.

I have taken the help of a blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5266. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] It was really a nice idea.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

could you please tell me what you like to achieve with calling the Session-Variables-List in a Transaction? I assume that you use it to assign your Session-Variabels to your Transaction. A very nice idea - I never thought about it.

But how is the behaviour of this if you have to authenticate again to the xMII Server? What will happen if you set Session Variables during a user Session dynamically?

Please have a look at the AutoBind Property of the Xacute Dataserver in the Help-Documentation. As long as the Name of the Session-Variable equals the Name of a Tranaction-Input-Property the value of the variable will be assigned automatically to the Transaction. Requirement: Don't assign any Parameters on the Xacute-Query. It won't work then.

Ciao

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

Thanks for details. I am getting the output now. actually I was using 'ReturnAsXml', but I have to use 'ReturnAsString' for the content.

'ReturnAsString' is giving me the complete output. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

I m trying to use HTTP post action block, but its not saving the content in xml file.

Do I have to make any other link also. I have given my username and password also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am unsure about 'saving in an XML file'. Have you linked the ReturnAsXML of the HTTP action block as an Input into an XML saver?

You could use a tracer (just the normal one as opposed to the XMl trace) and assign the ReturnAsXml to the message property of the tracer. Try the same with the ReturnAsString in another tracer to ensure that you can see any error messages returned by the Web Server.

Cheers,

Jai.