Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check Structural Authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finished Creating Structural Profiles.

I assigned to Role.

How can test it if the structural auth is working or not ?

Please advise.

I just want to check if user can not see other Per nos or positions outside his OU.

From

PT

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thaker,

you have done your part the HR team to test it now

assign Structural profile to any of the user and ask them to test

or if you have your own personal no. assing one of the role and go to PA30 test your self

hope this helps

thanks,

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with testing it yourself, but before you do that I would check OOSB - Display objects, and take a look at P's, O's and S's that the user can access via the structural authorisations.

You can also use the report RHAUTH01 to check the objects assigned

Edited by: S Morar on Mar 3, 2008 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thaker,

assigning the role will not be sufficient the authorization wont reflect to users you needs to run the below reports

RHBAUS00

RHBAUS02

thanks

kishore

0 Kudos

Just a note on these two programs - running these only applies if you make use of the index table for structural auths i.e. you are maintaining table T77UU for your users.

This is not always necessary - and I would only use this for users that are managing a large number of OU's & personnel.

0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

I do know that there is something with PPSM transaction that would also let me test this one.

I am not sure of it. If anyone has used this transaction,

Please confirm.

Thanks again.

From,

Pranav Thaker

0 Kudos

Not sure about PPSM, but a quick test would be to use something like PPOS or PPOM - you can test using the structure searches for the various objects. That would give you quite a good indication if the structural auths are working as expected. Thats assuming you are mostly concerned with objects on O, S, C & P.

For PPSM, I assume you would choose the base object that you are trying to modify either O or S, and the choose the node that you would like to modify. If you are trying to change personnel for an org unit then you evaluation path would probably be O-S-P.