cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the RFCs cached in the Integration Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with an RFC that had a change done to its interface. This now results in me being unable to export the object (I am told a later version may be available). This has caused me other problems, for instance, the older version of the RFC being used in an Integration Process Synchronous call.

I have tried to delete and re-import the RFC definition, but I cannot get rid of this problem.

Using IDX2, it is possible to delete IDoc metadata. Is there a similar function that will do this for RFC definitions?

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have tried to delete and re-import the RFC definition, but I cannot get rid of this problem.

Did you do the corresponding changes in the Message mapping after the reimport of RFC?

This should be enough. You dont need any extra config. What is the error you are getting?

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message mapping not being used because I am using ABAP XSLT which does not need it.

The problem initially manifested itself with a workflow; the workflow was making a RFC. It was noticed that we were missing a field in the RFC interface. When we added the field and re-imported the RFC, we could not get the new field populated. Finally I created a second RFC with the extra field in the structure, and that fixed the problem.

So I am led to believe that there is a cached version of the RFC structure that has not been updated. Furthermore, when I try to export the software component that has this older RFC definition, I get a warning that the objects may not be up to date. I believe this is also related to the same problem.

BR,

Tony.