cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI(ESB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.What are the differences between xi 7.0 and PI 7.1 with ESB.

2.For an integartion of SAP (MySAP/SAP R/3) with a front end UI, which would be a better option among the below, and why

1. using direct integartion via (webspheres, JCA)

2. using PI with ESB

Please this is urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.What are the differences between xi 7.0 and PI 7.1 with ESB.

---> From XI/PI 7.0 and PI 7.1 there is not much difference from ESB aspects.

But let me clarify you this is long debate but PI7.0 or 7.1 can't be ESB.

ESB has some functionality similar to PI 7.0 or 7.1 but upto certain extent only.

PI 7.0 or PI 7.1 supports Hub and Spoke architecture but ESB is very vast concept as compare to it.

Refer----I already had discussed all these stuff in my blog.

SAP Network Blog: A Perception – Is PI/XI as an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)?

/people/swarup.sawant/blog/2008/02/18/a-perception-150-is-pixi-as-an-enterprise-service-bus-esb

2.For an integartion of SAP (MySAP/SAP R/3) with a front end UI, which would be a better option among the below, and why

1. using direct integartion via (webspheres, JCA)

2. using PI with ESB

--->

using direct integartion via (webspheres, JCA) is the better option as PI can't be fully satisfied with ESB concept. Still it will take time to be more mature.

Refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/aa63688343bd40aafc537971aee068/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4a35c190-0201-0010-7880-f53add3b...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thats a valuable input from your end.

Im looking for something very specific.Infact im totally new to this PI 7.1(ESB).

If you can help me out on that, that would solve my problem out.

Can I forward that specific requirement to your gmail id

Please reply asap.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't mind, May I kindly request you to prefer to share your requirments on SDN forum as you know all experties could add their inputs to resolve your problem.

That will be helpful as you will get variopus alternative solutions also if available.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Identify options and tradeoffs of this options in direct or “raw” integration – both for older ABAP or R/3 and newer mySAP modules

“integration” I mean Pega connector

2.Why and when one would use specific technologies to integration : e.g. JCO or JCA or SOAP etc. – what are the options and when would you use them.

3.Identify the advantages and issues when using the SAP XI or NetWeaver layer

4. Why and when would you use integration going through the XI layer

5.The scope is PRPC calling SAP modules (mySAP, or ABAP / R/3) via connectors: Java, JCA, SOAP etc. – might even consider JMS if it makes sense. Which one and how and why and when?

This is the requirement....