cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Printer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning ,

I have scenario that is quite similar to Rich H forum.

But that forum is not completed.:(

Mine is File to Printer scenario for bank and I have somewhat same condition.

There is a file sender system -

file receiver system - (have Printers attached).

File goes from file sender system to file receiver system

Printers take file from file directory of file receiver system.

My bank client told me same condition that if Printer stop working then do not put next file in receiver system folder

as next file will overwrite the file which is already present in that folder.

Suggestion please.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachit Sehgal,

Please Please Please Don't mind......but

Your scenario is also same as per Rich. And it was discussed already in two previous posts.

I agree that still you don't have the confirm solution for this issue. and its very much urgent for you

Anyhow the suggested solutions will not be changed for this new post also....:-))

As per previous discussions apart from the suggested solutions there is no alternatives available.

So no point of discussions with repetative posts. Even I don't think it will be preferrable for the XI experties also to add the same solution again and again.

If any of the experties got the solution they will add it in the previous posts.

Meanwhile you could do your own R&D and keep the watch on those posts.....

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Swarup/Raj,

As the thread by Rich H was talking about different soultions

there are two ways

-- one by Mr. Ranjeet Singh (got this)

-- one by you and Mr. Raj

Both solutions are fine. If I take your solution as described by you and Raj in Rick H forum

suppose IS_RETRY_LIMIT - 1

SXMB_ADM ---> Integration Engine Configuration --> Specific Configuration -->set parameter of IS_RETRY_LIMIT with current value as 1 --ok.

it means XI try to resend the file only once. so will it affect only *this scenario or all scenario*?

*First trigger* , File picked by XI and sent to Receiving folder , Printer picked the file - *XI Job is done. -- ok*

*Second trigger*, File picked by XI and sent to Receving folder, Printer is jammed - *XI Job is done. -- ok*

*Third trigger*, File picked by XI , it couldn't able to deliver to the Receiving folder ,coz file ABC.txt (constant file name) is already there. *XI Job is not done- in process -- ok.*

XI will retry to send *Second trigger file* again after some interval it couldn't able to deliver,file is there. - *XI Job is not done- in process -- ok*

For *Second trigger file* XI set message to *FAILED* status.

XI will retry to send *Third trigger file* again after some interval it couldn't able to deliver,file is there. - *XI Job is not done- in process -- ok*

For *Third trigger file* XI set the message to *FAILED* status

*Now Printer Problem Solved*

XI gets new file and send file -- ok

Now for FAILED messages in the second and third trigger

Raj has given --- http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

The above link by Raj is something manual. Can this be automatic.

Thanks

Rachit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is no way to do this automatic.

Either you have to keep those failed files again in sender folder to re-process by XI or do it manually.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

U have achieve this using an adapter module at the Receiver side since i have implemented this.U can use FTP Clients to send the files to the printer.In case if the printer gets jammed the files will be placed in queue and the they will get printed once the printer is up working again.

For using FTP Clients please refer to the following package:

org.apache.commons.net.ftp

or else you can also use

javax.print.* package

Please let me know if u need any information

Thanks,

Bhargav

Note:Award points if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly suggest.

Thanks