Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO not authorized: Authentication failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I made a homogeneous system copy of my BI 70 prod to quality. I followed the steps according to the docs. After the system copy I did applying new licenses( ABAP, Portal, J2ee) , deleting old portal abap certficates, creating them on both portal & abap, exchage the certificates. All done as per the docs

Now the ABAP engine is trusting the portal. I mean I am able to login into portal.

But Portal is not trusting the ABAP, I have issues with BEx tools.

I did many times delete certficates, exchange them manually and using template installer.

I also followed the Notes

917950 - SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web

888687 - BEx Web Java: Analysis of communication/logon problems

No use, Now I coming back to square one.

Has anyone has special thoughts on this issue?

Thanks for your time and help.

MB

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did many times delete certficates, exchange them manually and using template installer.

I also followed the Notes

917950 - SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web

888687 - BEx Web Java: Analysis of communication/logon problems

support desktool as per

note 937697

SE38 ( RSPOR_SETUP ).... etc

All are failing at one point.

================================================

Status 12: Maintain User Assignment in Portal System failure during call of function module RSWR_RFC_SERVICE_TEST

This is the error message we are getting on the Java cluster log

#1.#000255334607006B00000026003D500800044709864436FE#1204006139737#com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine##com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.handleRequest#J2EE_GUEST#0####522996e0e43111dc9cb8000255334607#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_27##0#0#Error##Plain###java.lang.RuntimeException:

call FM RSWR_PREEXECUTION_PROXY to ProgId BIQ_PORTAL_BIQ on host

afgprd01 with SSO not authorized: Authentication failed.

===============================================

No use, No use ....Now I coming back to square one.

Has anyone has special thoughts on this issue?

Thanks for your time and help.

MB

0 Kudos

Hi saptechnical,

i have also faced similar kind of issue

this is because user id does not exists in portal , who ever are using the WAD they donot have the user id in portal

please check in portal

and also make sure user should have the user group "everyone"

hope this helps you

Thanks

kishore

0 Kudos

I have the exact same error message.

Have you found a solution?

I'm just about to raise a note for it so I'll post a solution if I find one

Phill

0 Kudos

I did a completely new JAVA stack install, it was fixed. But some how the system copy did not work for the JAVA stack

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I'll see if I get any joy from this note first, but it does sound like its something on the post installation steps that have not been done for us.

Did you do your install? do you remember anywhere that you configured something and realised where the problem was?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi, I strogly feel that it is either due to the SLD or due to LM-TOOLS. Either of these was messed up.Mine was a Double stack on the same database. After the system copy using SAP installer. I did went thru lots changes in Visual Admin. I did not have time to do R&D to fix it.Becuase the template installer was giving some error which was pointing to SLD.

Due to project pressure. I did a fresh Java stack install and set up the Bex-web / SSO with the ABAP stack of the copied system. it was reaaly fast. The template installer for BI worked fine.

But If you can find out the real cause, it would benifit us during our next system copy.

0 Kudos

All sorted!

Our setup on the Portal is the SAP_BW system points at 001, however our main productive client on dev is 210. I added the ABAP Entries to the trustesys etc. in the ticket under security provider on VA for client 210 and all is now sorted.

The reason we thought about this is that we didn't get tghe error in the WAD if we connected to it using client 001 which was in the trustee list.

Hope this help you out in the future

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you attempt to logon to an ABAP system and it fails, you can use the tracing approach described in [SAP Note 495911|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/495911] to analyse the cause. Usually that leads to success.

Otherwise: report this problem to SAP (via the official support channel).

Regards, Wolfgang