cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto Error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a question about Error message . Is there a standard error message sending automatically to the sender. if you have tow systems and an xi between.

/HT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hanna,

No error message would be transmitted automatically to the sender system. One has to design the interface in such a way. If you have sync communication, you can always send the needed error message back in the response. If async then you have to use BPM (Business Process Management) to capture the error and send it back to the sender.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have already solved it with BPM, but we want to know if it is possible to solve it with Fault Message Type in interface mapping (synchronus)? Or any other way besides BPM?

/HT

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, if u r using RFC, then u can implement the Exception message which may return the error message to the sender without using BPM.

If u r using ABAP proxy, then u may use fault message for the same purpose.

If mailing is also the part of requirement, then handle it in XI using Alert messages

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanna,

You need to create a fault message type and specify this in your sender synchronous interface. This will be the structure of you fault message which should be returned when there is an error.

Yaghya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks every body i will try this.

/HT

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hanna,

What error do u want to get? Can u explain lil bit more in detail.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj!

I want to know if i have two systems Like This SY1 XI SAP and SY1 sends a request to SAP.

But the requested order doesn't exist in SAP.So SAP sends "Error, the requested order dose not exist"

The Error message goes to XI and the XI Guy send an e-mail to SY1. We would like to send the Error mesage directly from SAP to SY1. Is there a way to do it ? This is a Synchronic message.

Regards Hanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the communication between the two SAP system is synchronous and u r using RFCs or ABAP proxy, then the error message can be sent back to sender in the response.

The email notification at XI can be handled using the Alert configuration at XI. Emails can b configured at SAP system also to be sent directly to the sender user, but that will not involve XI.

If u want to use XI for that scenario then u have to configure BPM, wherein the erro response will be sent using mail adapter to sender.

Regards,

Prateek