cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Printer Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to make file to Printer scenario.

I have closed my previous thread.

XI will pick file from File Sender System and put file at

File Receiver System. From there file will go to printer.

There is one condition:

If printer get jammed then from receiver system folder

file will not be sent to printer.

I want to have way that XI should not send next file till receving folder is empty (means printer is up)

How to make this scenario.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richi,

U have achieve this using an adapter module at the Receiver side since i have implemented this.U can use FTP Clients to send the files to the printer.In case if the printer gets jammed the files will be placed in queue and the they will get printed once the printer is up working again.

For using FTP Clients please refer to the following package:

org.apache.commons.net.ftp

or else you can also use

javax.print.* package

Please let me know if u need any information

Thanks,

Bhargav

Note:Award points if found useful

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No such direct functionality available in PI. This is bcoz as a middleware, XI has responsibility of transferring the file successfully at receiver and not beyond that.

For ur case, even if u make a check at the OS level, XI will surely create the file. In ur case, r u creating the file with the same name. If no, then u may allow XI to write multiple files at receiver and printer will pick the file whenever it is up.

Regards,

Prateek

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use XI for this pupose if you are not changing anything in the file all the way from source to destination location (Even if so.. I would not prefer XI doing this task..!!).

If you do want to go with XI, You would have to write your own adapter module at sender level, which actually looks at the receiver folde and if it does not any file then only it would take the file for processing.

Otherwise, write a service kind of application in Java or .NET or even in C/C++ which looks at the destimation folder and if it does not find any file there, then only it would rename or move the file in the source location to the folder where XI polls.

VJ