cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to copy the profile sap_appl from source client to target client for the application data.

This profile will copy the customizing data and Application data from the soure client to target client.

Please i would like to know is there any impacts for this profile to other clients in the same (target) system like client independent objects.

Please let me know

What is the diff. customizing data and application data?

Customizing data is client dependent/client independent?

Regards,

Reddy V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

To answer your question, let us first discuss what a client is made up of (any client including client 000 ,001 or 066).

A client is made up of three aspects:

1. Client dependent Customizing

2. Cross client customizing

3. ABAP Repository

Let us see the difference between the three aspects.

1. Client Dependent customizing refers to customizing that is very specific to that client only and is not valid for any other client. So the answer here is that it will not affect any other client. Examples are Company codes, plant, Division, Distribution channels etc.

2. Cross client client customizing refers to customizing that if done in one client will invariably affect other clients on that system. Example of this is Factory Calendar settings. So the answer here is that this is client independent

3. ABAP Repository: This aspect contains all the programs and tables used in SAP. Any change to the repository will affect all clients. This is becasue Repository is client independent

You already have the answer for difference between Customizing data and application data i.e application data is the transactional data.

But what you must understand here is that Customizing data can exist independently by itself but Application data cannot exist by itself. It is dependent on customizing data

That is why the profile (copy profile) SAP_CUST copies only customizing data where as SAP_APPL copies not only application data but also customizing data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

When u select profile sap_cust only customizing data will be copied from source client and any client-independent customizing will be overwritten.

application data is nothing but your transactional data which will be normally consistent with its own customizing data.

regards,

Anand