cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File pooling at a particuler time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I want to pull a file at 3 PM from a FTP server.

How can I set this in my communication channel using file adapter. I am using XI3.0

Thanks

Sudesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You have poll interval to be set in communciation channel

Thanks

swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudesh,

There is Availability Time planning in comm.channel. But it depends on your SP Level. Could you tell us ur SP Level?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On SP11 , is there any work around

Thanks

Sudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your only choice is to use the polling interval. Make the value as 86400(246060) and activate the adapter at 3 PM.

But if you restart the channel or XI server or J2EE engine this setting would have to be configured again.

If you want a more cleaner soln. Use a BPM and let a ABAP proxy trigger the BPM exactly at 3PM every day. Schedule a report for this at R/3. Inside the BPM have another recive step to receive the file and have a dummy corelation.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain little bit more your second option about ABA report and BPM.

Thanks

Sudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Could you please explain little bit more your second option about ABA report and BPM.

Have a BPM. The steps in the BPM would be

1. Receive step - Have a Outbound Interface based on a dummy data type. Generate a proxy for this at R/3 and call this proxy by writing a report. Schedule this report to run at 3PM every day.

2. Receive step. This receive step receives the actual file.

3. Send step - Send the file to the required destination.

Regards,

Jaishankar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudesh,

Ranjeet suggested the solution in the other thread, probably we can apply this in your case. Let say you are accumulating file in Folder A, Keep the XI File polling Folder as FolderB. Keep the Time interval for let say 1 hour or so. Activate the channel at any time exactly at 11:00 or 12:00 or 1:00 , you know what I mean activate at exact figure so that this polling time falls on 3:00(as in your case) also. Write a batch file which runs everyday at 2:55 -whose job is to move files from Folder A to Folder B.

So @ 3:00 XI will poll the file and push to XI. I think it's one of the solution.

Note: The batch job is no way related to XI. Write it externally, I hope it's possible.

Friends, any suggestion?

raj.