cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM BI Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have couple of questions on MDM-BI Integration.

1 - How do we create MDM as Open hub destination from BI. I know the process of creating Open Hub - I'm looking for technical details as how to see MDM option in Open Hub Destination.

2 - Are there any direct MDM Datasources that can be used in BI directly without ABAP API & XI services?

what needs to be installed to view above options in BI, coz I do not see these options directly.

Thanks in advance!!

--

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

According to me, BI-MDM Integration can only be possible in 2 ways:

1. By pshyically transfering the file from BI to MDM in any ready folder from which MDM can pick the file. ( The entire process can be made automatic).This ready folder can be made as FTP enabled.

2. By using ABAP API's in BI and accessing MDM from within BI.

I guess you will have to go for any 1 of the above mentioned options.

Hope it helps..

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin!!

If possible can you please send me more information on Automation Process.

--

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

BI actually sends 2 files, 1 containing the actual data and the other contains the Fields names. Then you need to manually place the field name with the actual data.

To avoid this you can write an XML program which can convert it directly into an XML file and place it in the Inbound Ready folder of MDM.

1. You can create a remote system and also a inbound port in Console in MDM .

2. Make the inbound port as Automatic and start the import server.

3. Assign an import map to the port.

4. Bi can then place that file in the Inbound Port in MDM( which can be a FTP enabled path).

5. MDM automatically imports the file from the ready folder every time a file BI places in the folder.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Whatever Nitin has said i too agree with him one more thing u have to perform apart from starting Import services i.e.

U have to go to MDIS.ini file in import server->A notepad gets open.

In that u have to find repository in which u are working and give password (this password should be same as what given in console).

You should also mention time for import in "Interval" above the notepad.(By default it is 10 sec).

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Neethu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

As far as my knowledge is concerned only way to use MDM as Open Hub Destination is using ABAP API .

I too have worked in Integration of BI MDM where we used an ABAP Programe in BI to extract 0Customer data from BI to MDM server ftp Inbound ready folder and same we are doing to get consolidated data in Outbound ftp ready folder to BI.

Regards,

Neethu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neethu!!

So basically when we install MDM ABAP API, does it automatically show option of MDM as destination in Open Hub Destination.

Also, can you please elaborate the steps for the scenario you mentioned.

--

Sandeep