cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Landscape Directory Data Supplier Bridge gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a copy if the Java WAS running on my laptop. I want to use Web Dynpro to access data from a backend system that I have access to from my laptop.

I have looked at the manual for configuring the SLD Data Supplier Bridge. I do not how to find out what I should put in the Server and Service fields of the gateway.

I will also have to put the same values in the R/3 system that I am connecting to, using transaction RZ70.

Can somebody please explain to me how to find out what values to place in these fields, or what I have to do to create a gateway and service. I'm not sure what needs to be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

Leave all defaults as is.

Under SLD Bridge: Gateway Information

Host - enter the hostname where your SLD is activated

Service - sapgw<xx> , where XX is the system number for the SAP system installed. Generally it is sapgw00, but could be different for you.

Under data collection programs, select all check boxes. Finally press F5 for start data collection. This should populate your system in the SLD.

In our case, we have enabled the SLD in our XI system. It is delivered by default, but needs to be activated once. If you haven't already done so, you will need to pick one system and enable SLD on it.

If this helps, please don't forget to assign points. If you have a follow up question, please post it.

Regards,

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you telling me that by doing this I will automatically register an R/3 system that is on a different machine from my laptop?

I have a WAS running on my laptop; I need to connect to another system that is actually at a customer over the network. I can't see how doing what you told me will register that machine with the SLD.

And what about the transaction that has to be run on the other system, RZ70? Are ou saying that simply by using the same gateway there, it will be registered on my SLD on my laptop?

I'll try what you say but I think I don't really understand the gateway concept properly; think I'm going to have to do a bit of reading.

Kind regards,

Tony.