cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Amendment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

There is one requirement in our company which i would like you all to throw some light.

Our client requires both PO no & PO Date along with the amendment no. (if any) and amendment date have to be printed in the invoice.

Since in vao1, we have only one field each for PO no. & Date,

there is no provision for the amendment no. & the date.

What would be the best solution for this?

Thanks & Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u guys for the reply. I have rewarded for the same.

Thanks & REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rish,

There is a change log in transaction VA02, when you go to environment -> changes -> and since PO number and PO date are header details field , enter no item no. or schedule line no. and click on additional info and execute. These changes will be captured in the change log.

Now based on this log, ask your ABAPer to read the change log and print the PO no. and date if more than one in your invoice. (But i am still not sure why would the PO number change) ? or are you combining one than one orders for the customer)?

Or else you can just ask your client to check the change log of any changes in the PO date or PO Number.

Let me know if it helps.

Reward points if it does.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi

Thanks for the quick answer,

in simple words, the client' requirement is, he wants the PO no & PO date along with Amendment No & Amendment date to be printed on the invoice.

Though the amendment No & the date will come only if there is any amendment.

let us say if the price changes or for any reason.

Thanks & Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i can advise here is to use status profile at header level.

Now say you maintain five status here

10 - order created

20 - order confirmed

30 - order changed

40 - changes confirmed.

50 - reject order

See we are using this same scenario for our client.

Once a order is saved with status 20, and any subsequent changes happen to the order, make the status through background to 30. This can be done with help of an ABAPer.

Now you can have a report listing all orders for status 30.

Table JEST can be used for the same.

Now if the concerned person comes and sees the change log - environment - changes - header - he now knows what values in the order have changed.

So then there's no need to print it on the invoice.

Hope you find this logic useful.

Let me know.

Reward points if you think if this could work in your scenario too.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two ways:

1. Use CDHDR table to find the amendments and amendment date. For this you will need to do some changes to o/p proposed on invoice.

2. CDHDR is a heavy table and performance can be a issue. Hence you can decide what all changes are needed for customer and then define user exits to update a Z* table and then use this in the o/p driver program.

I think this will surely help your requirement.

Award points if you like my idea.

Kind Regards

Sandeep