cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

in the project that I'm working, the company sells products to the steel industry. These sales are based on what they call “list of materials”. These lists consists of the materials required for specific applications on the customer's equipment. In this way, the list is something like “repair of equipment 'X'” (there are several lists). This list is exploded in the sales order in order to speed up the products' entry. After the list is exploded, the user can change the way he or she wants.

To solve this problem, I thoght of something like Bill of materials (BOM) by creating “virtual materials” to represent the list (the higher level of the BOM). But these lists are divided by the “area” where the products are to be applied, let's say “Top”, “Mid” and “Botton”.

Again, I think in creating other “virtual materials” for these areas and the real products and their quantities will be under these materials.

My question is: does anybody have another approach to this issue? Are there another options?

Thank you for any help.

Paulo Café

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

As per my understanding about your thread Iam giving some way you tyr with that

-->You create seperate BOM for the list of the material which will be used at 'TOP' area.

-->Seperate BOM for the list of the material which will be used at 'MID' area.

--->Seperate BOM for the list of the material which will be used at 'BOTTOM' area.

-->Enter BOM in the sales order which ever list of material (BOM) your want according to your customer requirement.

I hope it will help you

Regards

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali, that's the way I have imagined about the problem. You reassured my ideas.

Best regards,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u cen use PRODUCT PRAPOSEL CONSEPT or CROSS SELLING CONSEPT

REGARDS

GG