cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

daily i am taking backup through db13, with whole offline database backup + Redologs, may i know that which data will come here i mean Customization Data or/and Transactional Data.

Regards

Chandra..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

> whole offline database backup + Redologs

from [SAP/Oracle DBA in CCMS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/df/455e24747111d6b25100508b6b8a93/frameset.htm]

>Performs a whole online backup (level 0) of the database using BRBACKUP, followed automatically by backup of the offline redo log files, using BRARCHIVE. After the offline redo log files have been successfully backed up, you can delete them from the redo log archiving directory according to the BRARCHIVE function you have selected

You are backing up the complete database, this includes customization data, transactional data and any other data that could be stored in the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fedal,

Thank you for ur kind answer,

can you say that, no need to take client backup for customizing data becuase we are taking whole+Redolog database backup, i am correct.

Regards

Chandra

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do strongly recommend you to try to understand what is a database and a database backup.

I woud start reading [Backup Overview|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6f/38373b482a8548e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

If you do not understand it, it does not matter what we can tell you here.

One of the MOST important things about backups is to be able to restore them.

If you do not know what a backup is, it would be very difficult that you are able to restore it, or even, it could be possible that you restore it without need to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

When you do a backup to a SAP ORACLE database you do backup to full SAP system. If you are also using J2EE engine you must ensure to backup the SAP structure at OS level. Customizing and application data reside within DB.

FF

Answers (0)