cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure for Upgradation to Webintegration

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a client say for example ABC INDUSTRIES.

They have production plants at Japan,China & India which producing X,Y,Z Products in each plant.

And we hav sales offices in Australia, America & Europe.

So the current scenario is…..they r installed 4.6c in all the plant locations…..

Now they would like to make it Webintegrated one.

So I would like to know the procedure for the webintegrated module.

Any sort of help will be more appreciated.

With Regards,

Sasidhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar,

from my point of view, there are different strategies available:

1. Using the ITS and BSPs which are available in the 4.6c systems already.

2. Using a standalone J2EE engine (WebAS Version >= 6.30), Web Dynpro and using the business logic in 4.6c via JCO connections and/or SAPJRA.

3. Upgrading to WebAS for ABAP (NetWeaver '05), which should have Web Dynpro available next year.

4. Combining the Web Dynpro for ABAP and Web Dynpro for Java approach (using J2EE WebAS >= 6.40 and WebAs for ABAP >= 6.50 i guess).

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'll eloborate my problem once again.

we have production plants at Japan,China & India which producing X,Y,Z Products in each plant.

All the plants having common vendors/customers and also separate vendors/customers.

And we hav sales offices in Australia, America & Europe.

Now the client wants to combine all sorts of data and would like to place in a Web Server.

That server will be located in Singapore.( Neither Plant location nor sales offices)

Every one will access that server only.

That is the scenario.

So what my doubt is...

Suppose i want to upgrade PP module as webenabled.

!)what r the steps/tools needed.??

2)what r the roles of WebAS & Netweaver Components in this regard?

Any sort of help will be more appreciated..

Thanks & Regard

Sasidhar

(I have some idea about PP Module & Netweaver components)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar,

so, i did get you totally wrong first, sorry for that.

But, this is a complex scenario and i'm afraid, it's not possible to give a simple answer or a step by step solution here.

You might want to consolidate and centrally manage your master data according vendors, product catalogs, customers and so on using the Master Data Management, which would be one possible step. Global sales reports for example managed by BW could use the central MDM system (maybe in Singapore) to get reliable numbers. MDM would use the XI to access the different systems. XI might be used for planning and managing your business processes between your different plants also. And finally, your sales representatives might use the Enterprise Portal for their daily work. All these components, using the WebAS as underlying application platform are somehow webenabled since they make heavy use of open Internet standards and Web Services.

Since you already have some idea about NetWeaver components, all this won't be new for you. But as i've already mentioned, it's not possible from my point of view to give a simple solution here.

Hope that helps anyway.

Best regards

Stefan