cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Service Release, SerivePack etc ?

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can you please explain me what is the difference between Service Pack, Service Release, Support Pack, Note, Package and also some more terms which I might have missed. I am not clear with these terms. And also confused what to use when while talking in a group. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service Pack is the collection of a set of functionalities that is required for the computer for protection and other application perspectives.

Support Package is also similar to it and is applied for upgradation of s/w component and removing the error i.e, exists in the components. It is the combination of many SNOTE.

SNOTE corrects the erroneous object (code) of the component by replacing it with the correct object.

Also , collection of support packages are called as Support Package Stack, that can be used for many s/w components.

Service Release refers to the date on which these software application or tools was introduced to the market, it contains the Version No. that gives information about the previous release of this software (with earlier features).

U can get detailed informaton of downloading, applying support packages, snote ,etc in

sdn , help.sap.com and service market place.

Check the thread:- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3d/ad5d044ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Award Point if helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

THANK YOU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service release : 620 release, 640 release, 700 release.

supportpackages ; to upgrade system components they come in support pack SPAM txn.

service and support packs doesnt have difference.

add-on: additional components to install. through SAINT Txn.

notes : additional modifications in the display fields.

Regards,

Mahesh