cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

number ranges are not on year basis.but now we have to do this on year basis.and when we do this on year basis using the same number ranges its not working.please let me know if there is any solution.

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

Looks like it is the same issue I encountered. Standard SAP SD functionality doesn't allow you to define Invoices on a yearly basis (I think it is possible to do in MM). Anyways, without a Z-table and stuff, here is what I implemented, which you can consider:

1. Delete the existing Number Ranges in VN01 and define youir own Number Range Number. Eg: Sales Order follows Number range Number of 01. You delete this entry.

2. Define your own Number Range Number, say A1. The Number range is somewhat on the lines of 0708000001 to 0708099999. (The 0708 is basically the Financial Year: 2007-08)

3. Assign this A1 in VOV 8.

4. You can define another Number Range Number, A2 having the range: 0809000001 to 0809099999.

5. You need to change the Number range Number from A1 to A2 on the last day of the financial year (31-Mar-'08). The new Financial Year will start with: 0809000001 to 0809099999.

In the case of Excise Invoice, this is not an issue since the Number Range Number, '01' is defined on a Year basis at the Series Group level.

What I proposed earlier was fine by my Client and is already being implemented.

Regards

Ramana ND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

During saving the document, in user exit you can define to check a new Z* table which will have document number range defined year wise.

According to my understanding, the yearly range is needed as this is a legal and financial audit need. Customer invoices are needed to be according to different ranges for different years which are pre-approved and allocated by government.

In my project we have not defined new range for different years. We do create document normally and consider it as internal document no. In invoice, when we need to communicate to customer of invoice, we have defined o/p as print or email and it will look for a table to generate the document number which will give local invoice number for that company code and year.

I think above solution will be appreciated by client.

Reward if you like the idea.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I agree to what u have said and appreciable. it was really good.

Is it used only for Excise Transactions (i.e the series group) or for normal billing documents.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is used across invoices in different countries which ever are needed. So we can also define ranges at document level.

Reward if you like idea.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

For excise it is a mandatory requirement because it has be declared to the authorities and SAP gives you a standard solution for that . We need not create a Z___ table for Excise.

Regards

Jyotsana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The complete excise functionality for India is in CIN. But if we want this small part only then putting all money for this is not worth while. Hence small Z* functionality can solve issue cheaper.

Kind regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is.we have all the No ranges already linked to SD documents.but in VN01 Tcode from coming Financial year we have to maintain the same No ranges on year basis.and when iam trying to do that its not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Sd documents u cannot maintain in year basis

but for accounting documents , posting docs from Sd to FICO i.e RV doc created from F2 doc, Material documents from MM to FICO u can miantain year and the number ranges for such documents maintained in TC FBN1.

reward if useful

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maintain your dlivery, billing document and incvoice no range in t code VN01.

Regards,

Suhas

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Check the assignments of the number ranges to the sales documents have you done properly or not.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.