cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Stock Levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SNP 5.0 and when we run the Heuristic we are noticing that the planned receipts (in this case purchase reqs) are not being created to cover the safety stock, so the projected inventory is less than the safety stock. For example, if I enter a safety stock of 5000 and run the heuristic, the projected inventory for the bucket would be 4999.

If I removed the safety stock and run the heuristic only on forecast then everything works fine, that is the receipts that are created will cover demand. In the situation above, wouldn't SNP calculate the demand as forecast + safety stock and create a receipt to cover both safety stock and forecast.

Thanks

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which Safety stock calculation method are you using, is it based on safety days supply?

If Yes just check out the decimal settings for stock on hand and Safety Stock.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

The safety stock method that is being used is 'MM' and there is a safety stock in the product master of 130000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

You were almost correct but you gave me some helpfull hints that helped with the problem.

I did have a rounding issue but it was with the forecast not with the safety stock. Once I checked the decimal places the numbers all worked out fine.

Thanks

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have created copy of SAP delivered Safety Stock planning books. Ensure that all the macros are copied that calculate the safety stock since the calculation will be used to set up safety stock requirements during Heuristic run. Try to check in product view if safety stock requirement category SR shows up in the pegging view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the planning books and they are fine. The safety stock are being calculated properly, it's just the heuristic does not created enough receipts to cover the safety stock in some buckets.