cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an active backupcube from a DP PA. Now i have changed the PA datasource. 9A** i have checked some fields now as Hide, as i dont want to bring into backup cube.

I have tested this DS and transported at PA screen.

Then i have replicated in BI side. But when i am activating the DS in RSA1, it says the changes to the KF are not compatible with the database.

The KFs are visible in the Fields tab of the DS in display mode. When i go to Edit mode to activate the DS, i dont see those KFs in the Fields tab.

So anyone understands the problem here ?

thx for any help..

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created a new cube.

thx..closing the thread..

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APOquest,

Can you regenerate the datasource after you have changed the existing DS ?

I could only save it, not generating it. When i tried to do that, it says, the DS already exists. So after saving it, Checked, tested and replicated. and even transported to Q system successfully.

Now i went to BI system, and replicated the DS, which was smooth.

Then In the infoproviders, under my backup cube, i see this DS as Inactive.Here i am double clicking it, and going to edit mode to activate & i am not able to activate it. My transformation too inactive due to this.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am doing this in Dev system only.

I just changed some fields to Hide, as the extraction was taking more time, i wanted to hide some field we dont want to backup.

I did all these :

"Check data source, Repair data source, Test data source without debug option, it showed me a some 8000 records as its a dev system.

replicated data source. then i went into the BI source systems, went into data sources of BI, and replicated the data source from APO BW."

When i clicked the Tpt DS, it successfully moved to Q system and showing the DS with those fields hidden. My only problem is i am unable to activate this DS in RSA1 of BI in Dev system, even after replicating this DS of APO.

any more ideas pls..

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you happen to generate the data source after you changed it. once you do the generation and replication of data source.

then go to all available or linked info sources and then activate them.

where are you trying to activate data source?/? which screen?

thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat.

Been having DS transport problems ourselves, suggest you check note 1045241 if you haven't already.

Sorted most of our problems out. Not exactly the same issues as yours, but worth a look.

regards, M

Former Member
0 Kudos

After checking the data source we need to activate the data source.

I think you are getting problem in activating the data source in Q system, did you face any problem in Dev system?

i would suggest you transport the data source again, or check fi the transport ended with any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had very similar problem some time back,

i followed following steps in changing already existing data source.

I went into planning area extraction tools, and there i opened the data source i need.

changed the fields to selection fields.

saved the changes.

came out and did the below in a sequence.

Check data source

Repair data source

Test data source without debug option, it showed me a table entry.

replicate data source.

then i went into the BI source systems, went into data sources of BI, and replicated all the data sources from APO BW. it does not take a long time.

Once I was done I went to the info sources which use my data source.

even in production system we opened the system to activate all the info sources with transfer and communication structures.

Let me know if you this helps you, or where you are getting the problem.

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i regenerate the DS in PA screen ? Once it exists, i cant regenerate. Only i have to delete and recreate. If i delete, the DS in RSA1 will have inconsistency ?

Any help pls ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I already did those "test, check DS". They are OK.

As far as DS is concerned, i successfully tpted to Q system. But the problem is happening in activating the DS in RSA1. I did the replication in both areas, which was smooth.

I think something has to be done in RSA1 area. I am looking for more ideas, from users experience.

I am not clear on the need of Transport DS in PA DS screen.

I believe we must transport the DS from RSA1 area.Thoug i tpt it from PA screen to Q system.

thanks for your help, as always

venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to use the "Check Datasource" or "test datasource" option to ensure that the datasources are correctly generated. I think since it is working in APO system, you may want to do these checks in BI system. If possible try to regenerate the Datasources as well. Sometimes these objects are not correctly transported due to referential integrity issues, due to possible changes done after DS generation.