cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM bbpstart shopping load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering how to use the load balancing function from bbpstart service. We want to distribute the load to our newly installed application for the shopping cart. But it seems like it always goes to the central instance. Is the bbpstart the right place to start with?

Do we need to install SAP Web Dispatcher for this?

Thanks,

Kev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll notes:

Note 1040325 - HTTP load balancing: Message Server or Web Dispatcher?

Note 740404 - Simple load balancing for ITS scenarios

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the help. Sounds like installing the SAP Web Dispatcher is the only way to go. Is it correct? And is this the most popular and effeicent way users have been using with integrated ITS.

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, there comes to my question. We could actually use SAP message server for http load distribution too. There are some limitations like server IT addresses must be known book marking is not possible and authentication after changing the application server.

Actually which is better in terms of peformance wise if I don't care the above disadvantages. Actually I don't really know what these disadvantages means to our system.

We don't have J2EE engin and we don't have OSS for the web logon. And I know that the Web dispatcher needs some additional memory too. So if memory is the issue for our system, is it the Message server the better option.

Again, how would one pick between SAP Web Dispatcher vs SAP messager server?

Thanks again for all the help.

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kev

• --> How would one pick between SAP Web Dispatcher vs SAP messager server?*

Your system architecture would be the key factor to decide. SAP documentation explains the same in the below help portal link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/75153a1a5b4c2de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

By the way recommends the use of "Web Dispatcher".

Best Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the help.

We deicded to try out hte Message server first since it is recommended to have a seperate host for Web dispatcher. And we current don't have this resource.

Thanks,

Kev