cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I faced this question in interview..I anybody please tell me how to configure this scenerio.

I have two customers ordering same material. Both customers have the permission to deliver the material partially. Customer 1 orders material "A" for 1000 pieces and customer 2 also orders material "A" for 1000 pieces. The company ships these materials to the respective customers partially in lots of 100. Customer 1 says, bill me for goods you have delivered while customer 2 says bill me only when you have shipped me the complete quantity.

Now I have batch program that runs every night which picks up the deliveries due for billing. Since I have partially shipped my above orders billing would be generated to both customers, whereas I do not want to bill customer 2 as I have not shipped 100%.

Is there a way that I can customize to ensure that customer 2 does not get billed till his complete quantity is shipped. I am sure this can be handled through development, however I would like to know if we can handle this without development. If we can handle this without development what is that config that we need to do to ensure the requirement is met.

Thanks in advance.

SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly it depends on how the the customer is notified of billing. Most of the times it will be a email o/p proposed at header level in invoice.

According to best practices, if you have sold some unit and it is delivered to customer (i.e. POD is there) then we will need to book the revenues. If we dont book the revenues (i.e. no billing document) and the order doesnt get completed in that month or quarter then company financial statements will be affected.

I think in this scenario we can define a o/p and put a requirement at o/p determination level. that if the customer is X, or sales dis or cust grp (if there are more such customers), and the order is not completed, then dont sent the email. When the last invoice will be created, the o/p will propose and it will need to find all the invoices for the sales order through document flow (VBFA) and then add total and send a email invoice.

Hope this helps. If yes, please don't forget to reward points.

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way is to create a variant for the batch program, in the variant exclude the customer who wants full delivery billing from batch run. So while running the batch the system will not consider him for creation of billing.

Once the complete delivery is done, you can bill him manually. This is one way of achieving this.

Prase

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SD,

You can try with the Invoice List option which is available in the Standard SAP according to your scenerio.

The invoice list lets you create, at specified time intervals or on specific dates, a list of billing documents (invoices, credit and debit memos) to send to a particular payer.

The billing documents in the invoice list can be single or collective documents (collective invoices combine items from more than one delivery).

The standard version of the SAP R/3 System includes two types of invoice lists:

for invoices and debit memos

for credit memos

I hope it will hel you

Regards,

Murali.