cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* User got locked in PI 7.0 because of too many failed attempts.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP NW 2004s(PI 7.0). I am trying to perform the postinstallation. I am not able to log into the system using SAP* and DDIC users in the clients 000 and 001. I am using the passwords as 19920706 for DDIC and 06071992 for SAP*. I am getting an exception "Name or Password Incorrect(repeat/logon)".

As I tried this for more than few times the accounts SAP* and DDIC got locked throwing the exception "Password logon no longer possible-too many failed attempts."

I have gone through some blogs and found that we can delete SAP* account and after the restart there will be a new account created with password PASS. According to the blog the command which I need to execute in sqlplus is :

UPDATE SAPPRD.usr02 set uflag=0 where mandt='001' and uflag=128;

But after executing this I am getting an error :- SAPPRD.usr02 Table or View does not exists.

Can you please suggest me a solution, so that I can log into my system with SAP* /001 account and complete the post installation. Thank you.

Edited by: PhaniKumar Akella on Feb 29, 2008 7:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try sapsr3.<table> instead of sap<sid>

SAPSR3 is the schema now. Once lock is removed , try to login with sap*/ddic with master password which you gave while installing.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Many Thanks, it worked for me, Full points to you. What was the difference between the two commands?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPSR3 is the schema owner not SAPPRD.So the table is owned by SAPSR3. Thats why when you use sapprd.usr02 it showed 'SAPPRD.usr02 Table or View does not exists "

Thanks

Prince Jose