cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I work backward from APO CIF function module to ECC Integration Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our APO box, I have activated the "new-style" BAdI which is called by the CIF function module /SAPAPO/CIF_TLANE_INBOUND:

CALL BADI lr_ref_cif_enhance->inbound_tlane

How can I find out what the business analysts have to do in their ECC Integration Model

to make sure that the CIF_TLANE_INBOUND function module is called when the Integration Model is activated (so that the BAdI will also fire)?.

Our current Integration Model does fire the BAdI /SAPAPO/IF_EX_TR_TRANSFER , but not the "enhance inbound tlane" BAdI called by CIF_TLANE_INBOUND.

So ...to restate the question:

How do I figure out what I have to tell the business analysts to do in their Integration Model to make sure that CIF_TLANE_INBOUND is called when the model is actrivated ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Finally I managed to spend almost the whole morning today to dig (and dig deep) on the CIF but yet to give you a very good answer on this issue.

But here are my findings:

Integration Models containing Contracts, Scheduling Agreement and Purchasing Inforecords (the ones I have worked with) when activated will kick off a number programs on ECC side finally CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND which triggers RFC to APO FM /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND which creates Procurement Relationships and also automatically Transportation Lane master data in APO.

Likewise CIF_TLANE_SEND triggers RFC to APO FM /SAPAPO/CIF_TLANE_INBOUND which in turn will go through the BADI you mentioned. The Integration Model which will trigger CIF_TLANE_SEND is captured in ECC table CIF_IMFESR (Integration Model for Force Elements and Supply Relationships).

Now I am not familiar with the specifc master data related to this. A search on OSS for notes pointed to 857694 and 857692. These are related to Supply Relationships in IS-DFPS.

Check the SD Scheduling Agreement object in CFM1 - my guess is a correct Schedule Agreement of IS-DFPS will cause the CIF_TLANE_INBOUND FM to be triggered.

I assume you are working on IS-DFPS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath -

I am extremely grateful for this wonderful answer - please see my "Coffee Corner" top-post suggesting that you be certified as a true "BPXpert".

When I check the FM library on our ECC side, I do see "CIF_TPSRC_SEND" (the partner to /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND on the APO side).

But - I don't find "CIF_TLANE_SEND".

I can think of two reasons for this:

i) our APO box is 7.x but our ECC box is 5.x

and/or:

ii) we're not using IS-DFPS.

So in our case, I'm probably stuck with "TPSRC" instead of "TLANE".

But I can think of an interesting work-around that we might be able to do: write a custom Z program on the ECC side that "fakes" the inputs to CIF_TLANE_SEND (builds these inputs from the inputs to CIF_TPSRC_SEND) and then calls CIF_TLANE_SEND. (This is assuming that SAP would give us a copy of CIF_TLANE_SEND even though we don't have IS-DFPS and are only at ECC 5.x)

I will post another question here in the SCM-APO forum on this particular matter, so please keep an eye out for the question (only if you have any more time.- you've spent a lot of time on this already..)

And again, my deepest thanks.

Best regards

djh

0 Kudos

Hi David,

I was away in a long meeting and just came back. A quick check in another R/3 (Enterprise) system showed the following:

There is no FM in the R/3 Enterprise box as CIF_TLANE_SEND and in APO (SCM4.1)

/SAPAPO/CIF_TLANE_INBOUND. This is not surprising esp when I check the other system versions based on which I did the initial research. It was ECC 6.0 with Enterprise Extension DFPS switched on (checked SWF5) and the APO system SCM 5.0.

Lucky me I checked the internal Sandbox systems instead of my client systems otherwise I would have posted there is no FM CIF_TLANE_SEND

Forget the SD Scheduling Agreement object I mentioned in the previous reply. That master data object will not trigger FM CIF_TLANE_SEND. I found the correct FM for it CIF_SDLS_SEND on R/3 side and /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSCO_INBOUND on the APO side.

So you have to necessarily use the BADI or User Exit enhancements for TPSRC and NOT TLANE.

In any case if its a Contract or Scheduling Agreement or Purchasing Inforecord master in R/3 (or ECC any version) then TPSRC is the FM used to create External Procurement Relationships (txn /SAPAPO/PWBSRC1) in APO during CIF transfer. Also a corresponding Transportation Lane (txn /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1) gets created when the Procurement Relationship is added in APO. Otherwise you can always manually create a transportation lane in APO which is an important master data for External Procurement Order / Requisition creation in APO.

Hope this helps. I am logging off for today - so no more further digging. But thanks to you I discovered another small "blackbox" of SAP. Will blog on this some time later - till then you can take a look at the [CIF Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF] page.

Best regards,

Somnath

Answers (0)