cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Webservice specific Exception handling instead of general message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

I spent the whole day to get the exception handling during calling adaptive webservices.

In my application I want create a group with the name. So I use the adaptive webservice createGroup(String GroupName).

This method i have done in the CAF in Applicaiton Service and exposed as Webservices... In this method I must first check if the group name exists in DB already. If it does not, the new group will be generated. If it exists in the DB, a customerized Exception ie. ValueDoubleException will be thrown.

In webdynpro I call this using adaptive web service... But the problem I can not get this ValueDoubleException as a throwable, you have only the exception WDWSModelExecuteException ... thus I can not do any exception handling... I'd like to in this case display the message "The group name existed already", but not the general message "Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL http...."

Did anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Ping

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Pl z check that webservice in webservice navigator,If it working fine goto webdynpro datamodulator.If u does n't use Service controller use that.

Thanks,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

But I can not understand what you mean with this "If it working fine goto webdynpro datamodulator.If u does n't use Service controller use that"

I can see the error message of "ValueDoubleException" in the Webservice navigator if I enter the group name which existed already in the Database..

I call the webservice createGroup(String groupName) in teh controller... It is the common way.. I can not understand what does you mean data modulater... please explain me more details.

Thanks and

Kind Regards

Ping