cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMI and Session Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a proof of technology project to see if we can port our 9 Websphere applications to NetWeaver. I have the Java EE server up and running, and one of the applications imported into Developer Studio. Now I want to see if it will run. Our apps depend on an RMI and Session service which we have defined to our Websphere server. How would I go about creating a similar service under NetWeaver?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to re-write my deployment descriptors to make this work. Closing this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My old RMI service used property files to set up the JNDI context:

#WAS 4.0 contextFactory

contextFactory = com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory

#namingService = iiop://localhost:900

namingService = corbaloc:iiop:localhost:2809

What would the correct settings be for JNDI in CE?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See my reply in your [other thread|] but basically the values would be:

> contextFactory = com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

> namingService = localhost:5<J-instance-number>04

e.g. on a default installation: namingService = localhost:50004

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to add a couple of Utility Projects to the classpath of the SAP Java EE server so the RMI and Session Service will work correctly. In Websphere we go into the admin console, select Configuration>Server Infrastructure>Java and Process Management>Process Definition, and add Additional Properties to the JVM for the Classpath. How do I add classpath entries to the SAP Java EE Server?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For this in Java EE 5 you have the so called [bundled and installed (standard) libraries|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/44/f4e00e56ec0486e10000000a155369/frameset.htm].

HTH!

\-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl to do RMI and a SessionManager service to manage user sessions so that applications can check capabilities by calling isAllowed method. We just right-click on them in the Project Explorer view and create new java application run profiles. We need to start these services before our application is started.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate on these services so to be able to understand what a similar service could look like?

Sorry but "RMI and Session service" sounds too general...

\-- Vladimir