cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating values to drop down list in Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have added a drop down list in our adobe form. Our requirement is Payment Terms should be displayed in this drop down list. We tried by adding values to drop down list in object palette window by using '+' sign. But now we want to display values dynamically from table T052U. We need to bring two fields ZTERM and TEXT1. We don't want to use database connection, just from a table as an importing parameter it should be appended to this list.

Atpresent, we don't want to use webdynpro or java for getting values.

Please provide suitable answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Have you tried to use the binding tab to link it to the varibale in the table.

Regards,

sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a quite similar problem... I've created a test form and wanted my dropdown list to include all the CARRID numbers from the SCARR table. I did use the binding tab - this is what I typed in:

$record.WARENGRUPPE1.GT_WG1.DATA[*].CARRID

I checked the context and all seems to be right but when I generate the form - the dropdown list contains only the first item of the GT_WG1 internal table...

I'd really appreciate any help.

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Try to use the simple and assign the values there....(enumeration data)....and bind that field to the context attribute.

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mielcarek,

I am facing the same issue with value help. it displays only first entry in offline PDF form. Did you got solution to this? if yes, please share. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nilesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for populating value in adobe first make simple type value and fill the requried values in enumeration.

and make a node(inside this make a attribte of this simple type ).

use this node as a data Source for Interactive Form.

then make a dropDown in interactive form and bind this dropdown with that attribute.

the dropdown is now populated with values.

Regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trilochan,

Thanks for reply but i am not getting exactly what needs to be done? Where can we create SIMPLE TYPE VALUE in ADOBE FORMS in SFP? Appreciate your inputs in details.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

cretae simple type in data dictionary i don't have any idea to create simple type in adobe forms.

For creating Simple Type------in Dictionary->Local Dictionary->Data Type->Simple Type(here right click u get create simple type).and after that choose Enumaration Here u can add values

and create a node WITH one attribute and this attribute is off Type of that simple type u created in local dictionary and bind that node with interactive form data source property ,now in interactive form drag and drop that attribte from your dataView Run your application these values will populate in your Interactive form.

Regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trilochan,

Sorry for replying late and thanks for your reply. I followed steps provided by you but in Data Dictionary i couldnt get Simple Type. so, i found another solution by declaring internal table in context and populating it in initialization tab in context and then binding this internal table with field in layout.

Many thanks again.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I'm trying to do the same thing. But how did you achieve it? Can you please provide the code that you wrote?

Also what do u mean by declaring an internal table in the context?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nilesh,

Can u please tel me how did u declare that internal table in the context and populated values in the drowdown field on the form.Kindly help me on this as i have a similar requirement and need to finish it by tomorrow itself.

Points rewarded for sure.

Thanks,

Srividya