cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection between two SAP systems (with SAP router)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to set up a RFC-connection from SAP Solution Manager to other SAP system.

The network connection between the servers is VPN.

How can I set up this RFC-connection, if my connection between two SAP systems looks as follows,

(I use the following SAP routers)?

my server --> customer

my server --> internal SAP Router server xy (10.101....) --> SAP Router customer 2 (10.1....) --> SAP System customer (134....)

Back-way

SAP Systeme customer --> SAP Router customer (134.1....) --> internal SAP router (212.6....) --> my server

How can I set up this RFC-connection, if my connection between two SAP systems looks as follows,

(I use the following SAP routers)?

something like:

/H/10.101..../S/sapdp99/H/10.1.4..../S/sapdp99/H/134...

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enter that connection string in SM59 (see the SAP-OSS destination how to do that).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

the question is how should the rfc-connection look like and perhaps how should the SAPROUTERTAB look like...

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The saprouter has an entry for the "next hop"

P <yourip> <customer-ip> <port>

The RFC connection in SM59 looks (as I said, look at the SAP-OSS connection for an example)

/H/<your-saprouter/S/<yoursaprouter-port>/H/<customer-saprouter>/S/<customer-saprouter)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

the problem is that I get the same error, when I try to test this RFC-connection (SAP router string):

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: Verbindungsaufbau zum SAP-Gateway mißlungen (SAP-Gateway gestartet ?)

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Server server_SID_03 on host server (wp 0)

Error Details COMPONENT: CPIC

Error Details COUNTER: 36

Error Details MODULE:

Error Details LINE:

Error Details RETURN CODE: 236

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Mon Mar 03 14:11:43 2008

Error Details VERSION

Is there some SAP notes, etc. describing how to build a RFC connection between SAP systems with VPN?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problems seems to be, that the target system can't be reached.

Without knowing the infrastructure it's quite impossible to give a suggestion and thus there won't exist any note for that.

Connecting via VPN is not different than using different networks that are not connected directly (such as e. g. the support accessing your systems from Walldorf).

Markus