cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about error on the receiver side, mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)IF we have error on the receiver side .what we would be doing from the first.?

2)Without mapping how can send the logical system details to the target side?

(you should not do mapping)

3)I have nested file of 5 hierarchy can i do file content conversion?

4)In xi 3.0 what service pack currently you are using(what is the latest service

patch work released by sap labs)?

5)If we have xml file empty file what happens when the file adapter collects

the file from source is there any error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)IF we have error on the receiver side .what we would be doing from the first.?

First check what is the error, u can check in moniu or goto RWB and there u have to check in communication channel log,in log the complete error details will be displayed.

Without mapping sending details means what?? with out mapping also u can send the file to target side at that time no need of IR only u have to configure ID.

In mapping there is no need of giving logical system details they have to maintained in SLD.

Yes if it is not complicated then u can do FCC if it is complicated then go for third party mapping tools called Seeburger or convertion agent.

In communication channel paramenters u can select empty file handle option.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

)IF we have error on the receiver side .what we would be doing from the

first.?

---> First analyse the error in the whole message flow in SXMB_MONi or in RWB, if the error is on receiver side then check it as per the message flow as per the error details provided in XI monitoring tools.

Even look for the logs of receiver systems if needed.

2)Without mapping how can send the logical system details to the target

side?

--> Yes you could send the data without mapping.

refer

SAP Network Blog: How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

SAP Network Blog: XI: Sending a message without the use of an adapter not possible?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

-->yes you can refer

File Content Conversion for Unequal Number of Columns

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns - FCC

Content Conversion (Pattern/Random content in input file)

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file - FCC

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario - FCC - MDM

4)In xi 3.0 what service pack currently you are using(what is the latest service patch work released by sap labs)?

--> Service packs in 2004 and 2004s;

in 2004 - in 2004s

SP12 & < - SP04

SP13 + 14 - SP05

SP15 - SP06

SP16 - SP07

SP17 - SP08

SP18 - SP09

Latest XI 3.0 SP -21 --- PI7.0 SP12

5)If we have xml file empty file what happens when the file adapter collects the file from source is there any error?

-->No you could either process empty fiel or avoid the empty fiels to be processed. No error will be genearted. But in case there are any fields mandatory in mapping then processing emoty fiels will create error. Mapping exception.

Thus mark in Communication channel to ignore empty file. It depends up on requirment

Thanks

Swarup

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you have to check the status of flag in moni along

and try to undertand the error description.

if u say error on reciver-side means, first you have to check the reciver adapter status(i.e CC monitoring).

logical system details are not required to test u r mapping.

these details you have to mention in SLD, correpondingly you have to prepare ur logical system.

first-please mention u r doubt clearly.

3)I have nested file of 5 hierarchy can i do file content conversion

u want the required output in TXt format means, u have to FCC.

but it's difficult o handle 5 levels of hierarcy.

it's better to go for XSLT mapping , java or Seeburger adapter.

4)In xi 3.0 what service pack currently you are using(what is the latest service

patch work released by sap labs)?

i hope that SP22, i am not sure on XI3.0

but SP14 is for PI 7.0

we can handle empty files also provided u configure the adpater with empty file option

otherwise throws an error.

regards

mahesh.