cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Zone in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can any one explain me how the trasport zone assign in customer master I configared the trsport zone in customisation I also find it help in customer master but Transport Zone fild is disable so can't update it in customer master

Pl help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Trasporation Zone is very important to determine the route.

u can maintain transporation zone in Customer master in General data - Address TAb below the country region etc.

It can always be modifed there

u must be seeing it in Sales area data which will be grey mode only and cannot be modified but what ever value u maintain in the general data - addrees tab - will flow there

Reward if helpful

krishna

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Mangesh

Go to OBD2, select the account group (sold to party) and click on blue lens. Double click on "General Data" and again double click on "Address". Now the system will take you to a screen where you can have the option to choose the Transportation zone to "Req.Entry" or "Optional". Choose as per your requirement and save.

Now go to customer master XD02 and give the required data.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP documentation,

Sales and distribution

the system automatically proposes a suitable route by using the transportation zone of the goods recipient in combination with other information about the delivery, such as the

Countries of origin and destination

Shipping conditions

Transportation group

Example

In the USA, for example, you can define regional zones to correspond to the US postal zip codes.

You can see the values for Transportation zones in TZONE table. The zones are defined at a country level.

For enabling the Transportation Zone, go to OBD2 transaction. Edit the Account Group of the customer and edit the field status group under General Data -> Address for transportation zone.

Hope this helps. Reward points if the answer is useful.

Thanks,

Balaji

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I guess, in customer account group, this field has been selected as "hide".

ples check , hope it helps.

check the customer a/c group by going extras-adminstration dadta ( shift+F8).

note the account group.

now goto Obd2- enter ur account group and double click on general data.

check for the "transportation zone" - select the "required" radiot button

thanks, even if u have any issue let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Try changing the "ship-to party Customer master record" as

sold-to party cust master record may not show Transport Zone as editable field.

In case of further queries,revert back.

Thanks,

Umesh Karane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go to SPROFinancial accountingAccounts receivable & Pyable-Customer accounts-Master data-Define account groups with screen layout (customers) , here select your group, and then in field status --- Shipping make it as Rq Entry from Display and you would be able to use it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain transportation zone in customer master - General Data - Address tab.. If it is not visible, go to SPRO-Financial accounting-Accounts receivable & accounts payable - customer accounts- master data - preparations for creating customer master data - define accounts groups with screen layout (customers)

give your account group, go to details and double click on general data, double click address and make transportation zone in optional entry

With regards,

Satya