Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing group not found in shopping carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem creating shopping carts in SRM 5.0 (SRM_Server 550 SP10):

When I create a shopping cart with a catalog or freetext item, the system does not find any purchasing organisation or purchasing group for the user. This results in a vendor assignment error (vendor not assigned to purchasing organisation) and the shopping cart can not be ordered.

This seems to be a general problem because it appears in all users.

I checked the users with transaction USERS_GEN and found no errors, all were consistent and assigned correctly. I created new users with the web interface, but with the same result. In the purchasing groups, the product and organizational responsibilities are maintained, in the purchasing organisations and groups the corresponding backend organisations and groups are assigned.

I do not find any error, but something must be wrong. Has anybody a hint?

Best regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

This issue is definitely related to the responsibility tab. Pls assign any single purchasing group with a wild card * and log off from the Web Gui and Login again, you should see the purchasing group and purchaing org default this time around.

Pls assign points for usefull answers !!

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sundeep,

I checked the assignment of the vendor to the purchasing organisations, all are assigned to the vendor. I also added a * to the product responsibilities of each purchasing group, but with no changes - the purchasing group and organisation are not found when a user creates a shopping cart.

Do you have other hints?

Best regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

I can not exactly tell you why this issue is coming with the information provided by you.

It looks like system is looking for a Stand Alone P.Group and as it could not find any it is giving this error.

Try creating a Stan Alone P.Org and P.Group in your root org. In the function tab just check the P.Org and P.Group check boxes respectively and don't assign to any back end P.Org or P.Group.

After defining this try to create a free text item shopping cart using "Describe Requirement" and check whether the system is allowing you to create the same or not.

There is no need for your user to be assigned to these P.Org or P.Group.

Please let us know after running a cycle by making this modification for further help.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Teja,

thanks for your suggestion to create a new standalone purchasing org and purchasing group. This group was found by the system when I created a shopping cart.

After further checks on the customizing I found out that a flag was missing in the customizing: The flag "extended classic scenario active" was set, but not "backend purchasing groups responsible". After I set this flag, the system found the old purchasing groups that are assigned to backend purchasing groups.

So, your suggestion gave me the hint to solve the problem. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Karsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether the corresponding Vendor is assigned to P.Org. Verify Vendor Data tab in BBPMAINT transaction.

Regards,

Imthiaz